More Age 60 perspective

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Int'l safety reg? Better than ours? no, yes, maybe sometimes, but not arbitrary

65 is still age discrimination. You cannot make an argument based on age discrimination and then support another age limit implemented by ICAO or whomever. If the federal gov't says I can't work past age 60 at my job then I should get my social security at that age. If they force my retirement, then I want my retirement money. That would be a logical argument.

Flop, not at all, not at all. Whatever is customary.

Customary is 60.

65 will be customary if the US adopts the ICAO standard in November, if ICAO decides it should be 55 or 50, and the US adopts it, then 55 or 50 will customary.

cus·tom·ar·y
adj.
  1. Commonly practiced, used, or encountered; usual. See Synonyms at usual.
  2. Based on custom or tradition rather than written law or contract.
60 years is commonly practiced, encountered, and usual in our country. Also it has the added facet of tradition. If we adopt ICAO it certainly will not be customary, nor traditional.

Phaedrus: Thanks for the options, I go with "commonly practiced", like the rest of the world is doing it. That was your first definition, therefore it should take precedent

pilotyip said:
Phaedrus: Thanks for the options, I go with "commonly practiced", like the rest of the world is doing it. That was your first definition, therefore it should take precedent

If you want to live like folks around the world, you'll find yourself with their standard of living as well.

Let them change it we will loose more guys to the new ICAO medical then we we would with age 60. Some won't even make it to 60 with this new medical.

Be careful what you wish for.

Latest resources

Back