more ACA furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
surplus1 said:
ACA would not have to be starting a new business plan.

Nobody seems to know the genesis of Goldilocks. If everything went well for ACA with the Dornier 328/428 program for UAX, would the LCC still be plausible? Was the LCC always Plan "B" if things went sour with UAL as they have. Or, was the idea drummed up a decade ago by Skeen and Moore to feed off of the generous and very lucrative fee for departure program for as long as possible and save their pennies for a rainy day to start their own airline? I dunno.

Tailwinds...

Re: Downgrade

CaptBud330 said:
JTrain says...."As it sounds right now, I'm a "senior" FO, with no prospects of upgrading for I suspect at least another 2yrs, and I need another hour of FO time like I need a bullet in my head."
I am currently working with men who have been bounced back to F/O that have 18 years seniority, were Captains for the past 10 years, and well over 5 times your current total time. In todays environment, just be glad you have a job.

Capt Bud,

With all do respect to those furloghed and downgraded; JT was probably just making a statement based on HIS OWN relative circumstances.

Using your logic we should probably just shut down the boards, thank our lucky starts we have a job, and shut up. Or better yet, quit complaining about anything and be thankful we're still breathing.

It's all relative Capt. Having said that, I also could use another SIC hour in the 328 like a hole in the head.

My understanding of the ACAI/DAL contract is that only DAL may initiate the termination of the contract with at least 180 days notice. It is ACAI's option on whether DAL must assume the leases on the FRJs.

If ACAI management believes the FRJs are necessary to the LCC they might choose to keep the leases and operate them under the LCC, especially if the NBs are hard to finance.

CONS: the FRJ is a mx nightmare(constant eng changes), hard to find parts(expensive), and three a/c types are counter productive.

PROS: it would allow access to more small markets within 400nm of IAD/free CRJs for longer routes, training events would be minimized, it would kill the need to outsource small market flying later.

We'll see the top brass's strategy, once DAL announces termination of the contract.

dogg said:
The harsh reality that fee for departure is about as profitable as dot com..... It is too bad that a whole industry was built around bad science.... There will be some serious casualties before it is over and it sounds like ACA is first in line to go down the "proverbial tube". What a great time to have your company fail, just when there are no jobs in your line of work.... See ya later blue ridgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dogg, you prove the point that there are more horses' asses in the world than there are horses.

Don't bother applying for a 737 position at our successful LCC two years from now, because your callous attitude will most certainly reveal itself in the interview.

I'll agree with exphojump - if Delta delivers an ultimatum, I expect to see ACA unload the DoJets in a heartbeat. If we have a problem gettng narrowbodies, I would expect us to lease them from somebody, Ryan?

For what it's worth, Comair has ask us to negotiate a 30-37 seat jet pay scale. And Butrell told some of our employees at a meeting designed as an end run around our MEC that the Do-jets had to go some where.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back