More 73s for SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey 787

I'm not at WN yet...YET. My 12 month wait will be in Feb. for my 2nd interview. Well, to be eligible for it anyway.

I fly it at ASA. I start RJ school May 1st though. I'm gonna miss it. Did you fly it somewhere?

Headfake,

Actually the number of aircraft that SWA is "planning" for through '12 is around 300. SWA has "firm", "options to buy" and "purchase rights". Southwest announced 140 "firm" aircraft to buy effective 20 April through '12, 116 aircraft "options" to purchase & 54 aircraft under the term "purchase rights". That totals 310 aircraft that are in various forms of planning for Southwest's future. The older 300's are going through a re-skinning beginning shortly that will add enough cycles on the aircraft to carry them I believe through '12 easily. That's a lot of airplanes to fill with new hires (currently averaging around 10.5 pilots per aircraft). Add retirements to those numbers & SWA will be hiring a lot of pilots for quite some time. good luck & thanks for your perseverance & interest in Southwest.

Chase

Appreciate the correction for AC orders. I'm happy to see that I low balled it big time. That's good news for us fellas still on the outside. In the mean time, I'll be chomping on the bit here.

Latest resources

Back