• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More 50 seaters at Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and on top of that a 152 in Florida with an instructor is almost 100 dollars per hour.

HAHA HA HA ! I would have KILLED to pay that much!

The local FBO in DC I used to fly at takes 90/hr wet for a C152 and 45/hr for the instructor.

Total: $135/hr!

Edit: And that's the cheapest you'll find in Northern Virginia (DC area).

Last edited:
a couple things, for those of you who think CAL pay is better than EJ, you are mistaken, just because you are a capt and are making 60 an hour now on a saab, and would get 30 an hour at CAL if you got hired does not mean your pay is greater in the big picture of things. Think about it, in two or three years you will be equal or greater than wha tyou are making now. If you do not realise this, stay at XJ and be happy, I for one realise that with attrition at the majors and future growth, upgrades will be 5 years tops, that means in just over 5 years a pilot at a major will be making over 100 an hour. The other thing to look at is in 5 years all the majors contracts will be better than what they are now.

As for XJ and pinnacle, yes there is a pilot shortage. XJ will have a lot harder time filling openings than they realise. If i was a new hire and had my choice, i would take a jet slot before a saab, and with xj, all willbe upgrading to the sabb, where as at any other regional, its a definate jet upgrade in the same amount of time. thats over 10 an hour difference. Enough said about that. good luck to everyone, I know I for one do not want 9E's planes if it means someone is getting screwed. I have come to think that I do not want to get comfortable at a regional, because I want something more than what I have now. And staying at a regional is just a little bit better than what I have now, where as ...............oh nevermind..........i am done

Latest resources

Back