• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More 50 seaters at Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's right, Turbo. I am really proud of our guys for hangin in there and not falling for the BS.

From what I saw on the MEC email, looks like we got some nice improvements in scheduling.

Now let's see how long the NMB takes.

Stand strong you guys. Mesaba pilots are with you 100% on this one... You can keep your airplanes right where they are.

Cheers

Stand strong you guys. Mesaba pilots are with you 100% on this one... You can keep your airplanes right where they are.

Cheers

Thanks...but you can have 'em...... besides you went thru alot worse than us...

yeah I had a mesaba guy on the jumpseat that didn't complain at all, but the more i talked to him about the year he started with mesaba and the fact that he was still an FO i realized how bad you guys have been treated by the evil empire. I hope you get the 17. you guys have taken some bad hits. we cant staff them anyway, and im sick of scheduling calling me 9 times a day (on my day off)

Dont feel bad for 9E. anyone on the senority list that wants the left seat and has the min time can have it. The only redeeming quality this company has is mass attrition and quick rides up the senority list.

Mesaba won't be able to staff them either..........To my understanding Mesaba lowered their mins.........and are going to lower them further.......
All regionals are having staffing issues......this just might be our time of leverage to actualy stand up for a reasonable pay rate and work rules....

May the Force be with us.
Always.

Wow, 16 posts in and no one has freaked out about how losing airplanes is the ALPA's fault. It looks like the pilot group may actually realize that management makes fleet and staffing decisions, as opposed to the employees.

Good luck Pinnacle, if you guys picket in DTW I'll be there.

Mesaba won't be able to staff them either..........To my understanding Mesaba lowered their mins.........and are going to lower them further.......
All regionals are having staffing issues......this just might be our time of leverage to actualy stand up for a reasonable pay rate and work rules....

May the Force be with us.
Always.

Supposedly we have a pool of 100 now with more interviews filled

I heard today that because the deadline has past and we did not sign the new contract that NWA can and most likely take 20 of our CRJ's.
People you must understand you can make captain real fast here but you will suffer while doing so.
If NWA thinks that our atrition is beacuse of this stinking contract they and anyone else who believes this really needs to be enlightend. People are leaving simply because this place is a terrible place to be. Why you ask? Well mainly because of the piss poor attitude we recieve every day from management to Schedulers all the way down to CS people and this my friends creates a negative work enviorment which in turn reflects upon the pilots. Don't get me wrong our pilot group at least the majority are all a bunch of good people but to come to work every day and listen to people moan and groan really makes you sick . Now why are people bitching ?let us look deeper for a moment if Mr.T and his management team would stop being so greety and thought to make life better for the heart and soul of this company (the pilots) and create a work structure that supports better QOL and a mutualy beneficial pay scale then maybe just maybe we would not be canceling flights, trying to crew aircraft and hiring people right out of their mothers womb then maybe he would see increased productivity and less turnover. Bottom line Mr. T and his management needs to go otherwise things will never change including the atrition rate.
Think strongly and clearly before you make your choice like I said sure captain sounds good but the grass is not always greener on the otherside...

Oh please, people are leaving because majors are hiring. Not because of the reasons you say, atrition will continue even if salary is increased. Look at Comair, their salary is way better than the one at PCL and they are still loosing 30 to 40 captains a month.
If you think for a second that management will sign on a substantial increase on the new contract to lower atrition you are the one living in a fantasy world. Do your time and get out, regionals are never going to be career jobs, the high atrition is welcomed news to them. The younger the pilot workforce the lower the cost.

Latest resources

Back