• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Moral sinking at FLOPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
this thread was dead for 3 days...........just let it go.

No.... let's bring it back...

Let's talk about how the UAW is about to shut down the US car industry and send it into bankruptcy because "industry standard" wages and benefits weren't good enough.

The FLOPS pilots are so screwed right now because they want the impossible in a tough economy.

1108 wants their membership to believe it's all management's fault, but in reality, had they acted 3 years ago while the value of the economy was still looking good (like they did with NJ), at least they would have had a couple years worth of decent income before the economy tanked.

Now, they are stuck... and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it.

It's the union way and it's not limited to aviation.

and if they did.....im sure management ONLY taking a few million dollars per year in salary aint got anything to do with it.

When management takes THAT much money, they draw a lotta attention, i.e. a union. I for one am not about to bust my ass so someone else can make 10 million per year. So i hope management does wreck the auto industry, it will send a good message that management can't rape the american working man anymore.

No.... let's bring it back...

Let's talk about how the UAW is about to shut down the US car industry and send it into bankruptcy because "industry standard" wages and benefits weren't good enough.

The FLOPS pilots are so screwed right now because they want the impossible in a tough economy.

1108 wants their membership to believe it's all management's fault, but in reality, had they acted 3 years ago while the value of the economy was still looking good (like they did with NJ), at least they would have had a couple years worth of decent income before the economy tanked.

Now, they are stuck... and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it.

It's the union way and it's not limited to aviation.

If all unions are the same, then all managers must be too. Maybe we should bring in Bernard Madoff to run FLOPS . . . Gimme a break!

had they acted 3 years ago while the value of the economy was still looking good
Please enlighten us to HOW they should have acted 3 years ago. Specifically, WHAT should our MEC have done that they did not do? Explain what we could have done when our management was doing everything they could to stall negotiations with the goal of delaying the contract indefinitely. This is not conjecture, they ADMITTED it to our new management team...

So in reality, it was management's fault. Since you obviously disagree, please state your case without using vague and ignorant statements like:

"...if they[the 1108] had acted 3 years ago.."
or
"..the 1108 didn't get the job done.."

Put up or shut up...

Jealous?

and if they did.....im sure management ONLY taking a few million dollars per year in salary aint got anything to do with it.

When management takes THAT much money, they draw a lotta attention, i.e. a union. I for one am not about to bust my ass so someone else can make 10 million per year. So i hope management does wreck the auto industry, it will send a good message that management can't rape the american working man anymore.

Why are you so jealous of those that are more talented than you?

Do you feel the same way about highly paid sports figures or is it acceptable to you that they drive up the price for you to go to a ballgame?

They, like most managers have a different set of talents and are compensated as such.

These people that you work for are smarter than you and you can't admit it.

If you are smarter than them, go attempt to walk in their shoes... You can't? Not qualified? No experience? Not willing to take the risk? Can't stand the heat and the constant criticism by those like you that can't do what they do?

Go try it sometime, take on the responsibility of operating all those airplanes, all the pilots, the shareholders, the unions, the vendors, the sales team and all the others. You got it in you? I doubt it. Too much, you'd rather be a working stiff than the one with all the responsibility.

I'm certain if you were managing, there would be complete harmony in the pilot group, the company would be making money hand over fist and all would be rosy.

You have all the answers.. knock yourself out... go try it sometime. Take that plunge...

If you ain't got the courage to walk in it yourself, then don't complain because others are paid more and you are the one dumb enough to be making it for them.

B-19, a person of true low character.

B-19 said;

Why are you so jealous of those that are more talented than you?

So it takes talent to mismanage a company and drive it into the ground?

Yes, the ability to sleep after robbing your fellow man.

"don't complain because others are paid more and you are the one dumb enough to be making it for them".

Yet more of your true colors showing.

It's people like you that make people like me have to join a union whether we like it or not.

I find it in very poor taste that you come out making such brazen statements after a bunch of people lose there jobs.

Latest resources

Back