• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Moral sinking at FLOPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed. This is a huge factor of my dislike of unions, the inability to act quickly under pressure forcing the company (no matter which company or type of business it is) to the edge of complete failure.

Yes, god forbid that we should take away the managements ability to subsidize the owners flying out of the pilots wages!

If you had treated the pilots fairly and compensated them similarly to the other companies, you could have avoided the union, and your ability to react to market forces. Management got exactly what they deserved, unionized pilots!

Funny you should write that, because in non-union fracs that's exactly what they have time to do.

They aren't playing those silly union games with the unions, those managers are doing what they do best, creating a plan for survival through tough economic times.

Your management however is wasting time by trying to figure out how to create revenue with a bunch of pilots that only want to play union games and jeapordize the remaining financial health of the company.

You mean wasting time by getting on this forum and spreading your FUD... or is spreading FUD part of your job description? You sure seem to post a lot during weekday business hours!

You're wasting your time. Really. No one who has read these boards takes B19 or Skanza seriously.

You're wasting your time. Really. No one who has read these boards takes B19 or Skanza seriously.

Yeah, I know, but it's cheap entertainment!

Fair enough man. B19 was entertaining to me for a while too. It will get old for you.

The only yawn here is the pilot that got suckered into the promises of a union 3 years ago and didn't take his career into his own hands to improve it by moving on to a job that better suited them.

Ask those that left FLOPS 3 years ago when they weren't happy and see how they are doing today. They had the courage to take their careers into their own hands and I'm certain they are much better off today than if they had stayed where they weren't happy.

1108 made a promise they DID NOT KEEP. You idiots are still drinking the same koolaide while the ecomomy tanks. You didn't make the change three years ago, now you are stuck with what you have. You asked for it, you got it.

B19 I did leave flops about 3 years ago. Maybe I was the coward or maybe I was smart? That is a judgement that i will not pass as there were and are hundreds of other dedicated Flops crewmembers that just dont have the option to " Just Leave "

People always throw that out there and It just pisses me off. there are so many different variables that go into peoples decision making process. Family, Money, Benefits, Career Expectations.

Pilots shouldnt have to take a job at flops build the company over a decade, realize their career opportunities are about 10 steps below mediocrity due to managements ineptitude and then be forced to finance that managerial failure out of their own pockets.

They deserve to be compensated at least industry average. Industry Average is not 70K a year for a 7 year mid cabin capt

Guys do not let up. You deserve better

If Flops fails it will fail regardless of your contract status. The only difference is that every penny you give away is one more for managment to put in their pockets the day they close the doors.

B19 I did leave flops about 3 years ago. Maybe I was the coward or maybe I was smart? That is a judgement that i will not pass as there were and are hundreds of other dedicated Flops crewmembers that just dont have the option to " Just Leave "

People always throw that out there and It just pisses me off. there are so many different variables that go into peoples decision making process. Family, Money, Benefits, Career Expectations.

Pilots shouldnt have to take a job at flops build the company over a decade, realize their career opportunities are about 10 steps below mediocrity due to managements ineptitude and then be forced to finance that managerial failure out of their own pockets.

They deserve to be compensated at least industry average. Industry Average is not 70K a year for a 7 year mid cabin capt

If Flops fails it will fail regardless of your contract status. The only difference is that every penny you give away is one more for managment to put in their pockets the day they close the doors.

Dude are you trying to reason with DA19 and the likes?

For whatever reason you left, it's the path you chose, nothing wrong with that.

The simplicity is, for whatever reason you chose to your own way rather than force your will on the rest of the company and owners.

There are other fracs that have given adjustments without unions on the property. One of the common words I use is "stagnate". Once the union is on board, nothing can happen till there is a CBA in place, thus the operative word is "stagnation."

Fischman, I've stated many times over... this is for entertainment only. It's hard to look at Larry, Moe and Curly and take you seriously too. :laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back