• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Moral sinking at FLOPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1108 suckered all of you into thinking they could "close the deal" as fast as they did NJA. Three years and counting, and now there is a pilot pool out there willing and ready to fill your positions in a heartbeat if you strike to feed thier families...

Finally, something you are qualified and knowledgeable about..........SCAB

Stay the course 1108!

Then you might as well keep fighting till the company fails.

That way at least you'll know that you jammed it up the a$$ of the management people that have been screwing you.

Just business "Flea 19".

Oh, and it did take us way more then 3 years to get a contract at Netjets.

Stay the course 1108!

I would venture a guess that you do not make this forum any less boring for anyone and that you induce as many yawns as B19.

As for informative, you definitely do not contribute. Well, that's subjective. But I and B19 do bring the other side of the argument. Which is essential to being informed. But still, you folks won't acknowledge its existence. Pitty. Perhaps you're talking about a worthy opposing voice with an intellect and basic powers of observation....that is rarely seen on this forum and is certainly not you or B19. If you and B19 are the only hopes for the anti-union voice, the management to whom you two suck up is in real trouble.

Suck up to? No, wrong, we're independent.

Allow me to point out a few errors here. The 1108 was ready and willing to negotiate, however the management lead by MS, was not. It is not the 1108 that has failed us, it is you and the rest of management. Now that MS and most of his crew are gone, we may actually have a chance of getting this done. You are correct about the timing not being so good, but that is not something any of us can control. There is no way the management could bring in a bunch of strike breaking scabs and keep the company viable, because it takes both money and time to get them trained. So that's a threat? Wow, it'll take a lot more that the handful of you on this forum to cause a disruption like that. Just keep doing your "Saftey Based" preflights, you'll get weeded out with the rest of the fat. If the training costs didn't put Flops out of business, the time frame would, from the charter costs alone. Not to mention how many owners would be anxious (or even willing) to fly with the newly hired scabs, after having to cross picket lines? So, next you would probably see a class-action lawsuit by the present Flops owners, for failing to perform to their contracts... Big $$, just to fight it + all the bad press. If that is how you see Flops succeeding, then you better dust off your resume' too!

With all this said, none of us want to see it ever go this far. We just want a contract negotiated in good faith, and done in a reasonable time frame.

Wake up, and get real. This isn't the airlines![/quote]

Right, it's not. No union needed. I don't even think the airlines need the union. Look how well that's worked for them, along with GM and the other domestic auto makers.

...So that's a threat? Wow, it'll take a lot more that the handful of you on this forum to cause a disruption like that. Just keep doing your "Saftey Based" preflights, you'll get weeded out with the rest of the fat...

Actually, I never made a threat, and I haven't really participated in the "Safety Based" preflight discussion. Simply an observation of how a fraction works compared to an airline. I hope it never gets this far, but when the pilots of an airline goes on strike, the company chops back the schedule as needed until they can get the scabs trained and ready. A fractional can't do that because they don't determine the schedule. We both know they would have to charter aircraft to fly their owners around, Even if only half of the pilots walked out during a strike, and the company planned on staffing to a minimum, it would still take quite a while to train another 100 to 150 pilots. Could the company even find enough charter aircraft? If they could, could they afford to? I don't think they would survive for very long. How many of the present owners would want to continually cross picket lines to fly with Flops? Could you attract any new owners with all the bad press and picket lines? These people aren't flying fractional because it is the cheap way to go. So like said before, Wake up, and get real. This isn't the airlines!

Right, it's not. No union needed. I don't even think the airlines need the union. Look how well that's worked for them, along with GM and the other domestic auto makers.

You can debate whether we need a union all you want, but the fact remains that we have one...by the choice of the majority of the pilots, I might add. Look how well the union works at Southwest. When the management works with the union instead of against it, good things come of it. Why is that so hard for you to accept that? I won't sit here at my keyboard and tell you that everything union is great, but we have already tried it the other way, and look where it got us. Are you really so narrow minded that anything union has to be bad?

Actually, I never made a threat, and I haven't really participated in the "Safety Based" preflight discussion. Simply an observation of how a fraction works compared to an airline. I hope it never gets this far, but when the pilots of an airline goes on strike, the company chops back the schedule as needed until they can get the scabs trained and ready. A fractional can't do that because they don't determine the schedule. We both know they would have to charter aircraft to fly their owners around, Even if only half of the pilots walked out during a strike, and the company planned on staffing to a minimum, it would still take quite a while to train another 100 to 150 pilots. Could the company even find enough charter aircraft? Sounds like a strike threat to me! If they could, could they afford to? I don't think they would survive for very long. How many of the present owners would want to continually cross picket lines to fly with Flops? Could you attract any new owners with all the bad press and picket lines? These people aren't flying fractional because it is the cheap way to go. So like said before, Wake up, and get real. This isn't the airlines!

You can debate whether we need a union all you want, but the fact remains that we have one...by the choice of the majority of the pilots, I might add. Look how well the union works at Southwest. When the management works with the union instead of against it, good things come of it. Why is that so hard for you to accept that? I can accept that. But like you said, "this isn't the airlines" and there fore I don't believe a union would work, or is neccessary in corperate aviation. I won't sit here at my keyboard and tell you that everything union is great, but we have already tried it the other way, and look where it got us. Are you really so narrow minded that anything union has to be bad? No, in fact a despise the narrow minded approach. But a lot of things I've seen out of a union are bad.

xoxox

Latest resources

Back