Montreal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flechas

Hey guys, i am overnighting in Montreal this week, I'll get there around 10 pm and will be there untill 2pm next day. I'm looking for sugestions on things to do, both nat night and in the morning.
Thanks guys.

Spent a great night in Montreal last year, best place to party in Canada in my opinion. Go downtown to i think it was Crescent street. Lots of great bars and restaurants. Just ask the locals, they are very friendly up there and most speak english. Exchange you money though at the airport or hotel and get some canadian dough before going out. Expect to pay covers at all the good clubs. Dont worry about the next morning, think the clubs are open till atleast 4 or later and youll be sleeping till noon.

Flechas, which airport are you heading to YUL from? EWR or CLE? If EWR, go to one of the currency exchanges and tell them you are an airport employee. They will exchange your cash for Canadian moose money with no extra fees attached.

I love YUL. I'd fly there every dang trip if I could.

lymanm said:
As a university student there now, here is my brief rundown:

Crescent Street - great bars/clubs; but very toursity, (relatively) expensive drinks, cover & coat check.

St-Laurent Street - awesome bars/clubs, whatever is your type of place, they've got it. From the bar where Hollywood stars in town shooting go, to the 5 cent shooters, it's all there.

St-Cathrine - strip clubs, though too far east and you're in the gay village. Remember "Danceuses" is the feminin gender of the word Dancers, while "Danseurs" is the masculin!

St-Denis - the endless choice of restaurants, with a huge variety in price range, rivals New York.

FlyChicaga said:
Flechas, which airport are you heading to YUL from? EWR or CLE? If EWR, go to one of the currency exchanges and tell them you are an airport employee. They will exchange your cash for Canadian moose money with no extra fees attached.

You're much better off using your credit cards. They give you pretty good exchange rates, and you're not stuck with Canadian money when you get change.

FlyChicaga said:

Hey man, yeah I'm flying to YUL out of CLE. i've heard is nice there, first time for me in Cananada.

Thanks a lot guys, I'll let you know next week how it went.

Also, i have to be in CHS for 22 hrs, any ideas?

Latest resources

Back