Monterey, CA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HMR said:
Good grief... are you one of those guys that sips tea with your pinky extended?:D

No...I consider living well while on the road as part of my compensation package so I make sure I do it right. Coffee black by the way.

Guy can't catch a break around here. One of you thinks I'm a cheapskate for tipping in accordance with the corporate travel policy, another doesn't like my choice of Vodka, and a third asks me if I'm a fairy because I know how to order in a first tier restaurant. Is somebody going to ask me if the flight attendant was homely?

GV

GVFlyer said:
Guy can't catch a break around here. One of you thinks I'm a cheapskate for tipping in accordance with the corporate travel policy, another doesn't like my choice of Vodka, and a third asks me if I'm a fairy because I know how to order in a first tier restaurant. Is somebody going to ask me if the flight attendant was homely?

GV
And you are assuming that we think it is a female flight attendant! :eek:

(Sorry GV, had to get in on the action!)

Isn't first tier just a fancy name for McDonalds? :D

Go to Million Air at MRY. Charlie Brown runs the place, he's been in Corporate FBO's forever and is the best. Mgr of Customer Srvce is Marilyn Sullivan, who used to be dispatcher at Xerox at HPN. BTW, they got married to each other a couple of years ago. Talk about a match made in heaven. They will hook you up with Golf and a nice PT Cruiser to boot. Tell 'em Radar sent you!

I second the aquarium. Ya, its a tourist spot but well worth the visit. If you have time to make it down to Carmel, "The Hoggs Breath Inn" is Clints (Dirty Harry) place and has a nice out door patio to eat. Nothing spectacular but at least you can say you made it there.

Left corporate/charter for the airlines and MRY is without a doubt the most frequently visited destination I miss the most.

I used to be based there at SkyWest and worked at Monterey Peninsula Country Club part time to pay first year billz. Got to play all of the courses there, except Cypress..., but my favorite was Bayonet/Blackhorse. Twilight special was something like $35 and it was one of the best courses I"ve ever played (I'm a -1 handicap). Laguna Seca was fun, although a few holes just plain sucked, as was a course up in Santa Cruz, just off of 101 east of Santa Cruz, that we called "Gorillas in the mist" b/c it was always foggy. look it up, it's public, and awesome. Pacific Grove is a blast too, play inthe afternoon when the wind comes up and a 100 yard par 3 never looked so small.

Mookie

Anyone ever stayed at the Days Inn in downtown MRY. Apparently the town is sold out, and Days Inn is even 220 a night. I went to the webpage and it looks awful.

Latest resources

Back