• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Money, money, money............mu-nee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those who are talking about a means of controlling the pilot supply are on the right track.

If ALPA had to give it's approval, just like when a lawyer has to pass their boards, we could eliminate the 6-month-to-cockpit schools.

ALPA could demand high levels of knowledge and skill, set the bar for simulator performance, or WHATEVER.

The real question will be whether pilot groups want to expend any of their negotiating capital on such initiatives.

Most of the time MECs are either in a recssion where they have to focus on keeping what they have, or in an economic upturn where they are focused on improving the contract.

It might be very difficult for this more abstract idea to gain enough support to direct resources at it.

6/31 Gross 43,000.
10 yr turbo prop Capt. Now that I'm done with training, I'll try to make a 100 for my first time.

Those who are talking about a means of controlling the pilot supply are on the right track. . . .

If ALPA had to give it's approval, just like when a lawyer has to pass their boards, we could eliminate the 6-month-to-cockpit schools . . . . The real question will be whether pilot groups want to expend any of their negotiating capital on such initiatives.

There wouldn't necessarily be any negotiating capital squandered, if it was mandated into law . . . . just like the Bar Association and the AMA.

I've been calling for a Guild for about ten years now, that would do two things-

1) Determine the entry standards into the ranks of Airline Pilot employment;

and

2) Set a minimum pay rate for seat and equipment.

You can still have an individual union (or a national one) that can negotiate better wages, rules, etc., but can never violate the minimums set by the Guild.

Ty

4631.00 Less than same check last year.. Same A/c same base same company..

but... but... we had a 31% profit margin guys!! yay for our board of directors!! Glad we made them rich!

:D At least someone's paying attention. 4th year for 1st half of 2009, just went to 5th year in July.
Never saw the FO part anywhere on your profile....not saying it wasn't there, just didn't see it and I looked. As for the year...........

Latest resources

Back