• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MOAB and ANC??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought this was going to be a mountain biking string. Here I was, ready to find out what kind of fat tire trails were up in Alaska, and it's only about FedEx. What's up with that?:beer:

Changes to the Training Letter?

Anybody know the tentative plan for the current training letter (from the Aug bid)?

With respect to the probability that new hires will soon be trained in the right seat of the MD-11 and Boeing -- how will that affect those of us that currently have spring or summer 2006 training dates in those seats?

Which option is most likely?

1. Train the current letter as is, injecting new hires as the training department is able to handle the additional load. This would not affect anybody currently holding a training date.

2. Rewrite the training letter after the coming Feb bid, giving priority to new hires for the next year or so and therefore qualifying a bunch of us (from both the AUG and upcoming FEB bid) for passover pay.

3. Something completely different from option 1 or 2.

USNFDX's insights make sense. I have ZERO knowledge of any plan, but if I were hiring and wanted to maximize safety/ORM, minimize training costs, and amortize the training I did pay for I would wait until the MOAB settled out and then create a hiring pool. Each class would be filled at management discretion (avoiding CBA issues) based on company needs. The old Gemini guys, C17 drivers, and guys who flew the big iron at company X would flow into the class on X April, which would be 100% MD11. The chimps like me who knew they were international only by noticing the difference landscape under the tanker and the regional guys with Dash 8 and B1900 experience would flow into another class--before or after doesn't matter because seniority won't matter until the seat lock expires--into the S/O spot on the 727. We'd all end up on the list together anyway +/- a few numbers from each other, but at least initially those MDs might have a tad more experience that way. I know we've had guys go very quickly to the MD and be very successful, but as a guy with zero glass/minimal international/zero 121 experience the pass through the back seat was probably extremely valuable. At times I wished it hadn't been 2.5 years (see Falconjet's story--I'm senior to him but not by much) but it certainly made the flow into the 121 world a bit easier.

To Beat a Twiceskunkeddeadhorse...

Out of curiosity... How long has the most Jr Captain in ANC been with FedEx vs. MEM MD-11?

I also remember something in the news about FedEx negotiating away all the inter/intra-(whichever one is inside) China flying to an all Chinese carrier to get their foot in the door over there. Does their recent purchase of their chinese partner mean that FedEx will be doing the inter/ra-China flying now as well?

Thanks,

TSD

The chimps like me

Thanks for the belly laugh Albie. I needed that. Button-banana button-banana button-banana....

Junior widebody captain is Airbus in MEM, about ~1900 numbers from the bottom. MD junior captain is in MEM at about 2250 from the bottom. Anchorage is within 60 numbers of that.

I think we're precluded by law from flying too much intra-China, though I think we do a little on the MD.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back