Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

mo' money for check airman and the like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

utahpilot

Seeing the light
just curious, do check airmen, IOE captains, static instructors, etc. get paid more hourly for holding those titles? is it only when acting as the afforementioned?

I know this one varies from company to company,
at Air Wisconsin, Flight Instructor's are salaried at
90 hours per month based on there current longevity
as to what aircraft they instruct on, the same holds true
for gound instructors, DE's are awarded another 10 hours
a month I believe.

IOE instructors are paid only $500.00 per month extra if
they due one 30 minute hop or if they do IOE for the whole
month in which they bid. Our union is presently negotiating
that one cause it's not much money or incentive to do that considering what's at stake. CPT instructors are paid an extra $500.00 a month also, but if you work your day off you get an addtional 3.8 hours pay on top of that plus they will drop your trip with full pay if you instruct during that period. You'll also get the required number of days off that you were orginally awarded.
Pick up some opentime and that's time and a half. Last month I managed to get 128 hours of credit as a CPT Instructor, almost
$5000.00 not counting per diem. Not bad for flying a CRJ and only an FO still. But not nearly what my buddy is making while sitting at home after being displaced to the Fokker 100.($12,000 a month).

I could have accepted a Captain slot last Feb but would have taken a pay cut to go to the 328. I would also like to hear how other companies are paying there instructors. I hope this helps...

Jetsnake

At my company (you've never heard of it and we're not union) the ground instructors get paid their straight hourly rate when they teach.

The check airmen get 1.5 their hourly rate only when they're giving IOE or line checks.

Like the last guy said--it depends on the company.

I fly for a 135 company and I get an extra $1000/ mo for check airman duties. The flight instructors (part135) get $300 a flight on top of their salaries. The Chief Pilot also gets an extra $1000/ mo for his extra duties. There are 21 airplanes on certificate and we have 3 different types.

Latest resources

Back