• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MN Aviation in MN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was there in 2001 up in Albert Lea. We stayed at a motel (Something like the American Inn) They were long days from about 7 or 8 in the AM to 5 or 6 in the PM and 90% of it was just pouring through the FAR/AIM and various other manuals with a break around 12:00 for lunch. Your schedule was staggered so some people would go fly while others would stay behind and do bookwork. At the end we flew down to Boone County, IA for our exam. Don't expect state of the art facilities, this IS Minnesota we're talking about here. It gives you the bare minimums required to teach, the rest you get from your first CFI job. Mike Nevins is a good guy with alot of experience to teach people from. I had a good time when I was there and enjoyed it. Good Luck

Did all my ratings there, except for private. If your in a hurry, and need to be finished yesterday this is the place to go. I would venture to say that it is also one of the cheapest schools in the U.S. With that in mind, it kind of sucks training in the winter because the hangar isn't heated that they keep all of their planes in. I would shoot for the spring or hurry your ass up because it's about to get cold.
You really should try and have your writtens done before you go. Once you start it goes fast. Arrow for the CFI, which is now in Cedar rapids Iowa. Everything else is warriors and a Seminole. Maybe they still have a 172, I'm not sure. I think they have to for the spin training, so they must. All in all a pretty good organization, they know how to finish you quick and with the Frasca 142 it keeps the price down as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Latest resources

Back