• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MKE Airport hotels

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Clarion is your best bet. Walking distance to the Terminal. Which is a bar, not a stripclub. That is two doors down at the 'lounge'. Next is a Best Western, Motel 6, and then the Wyndham, which used to be the Four Points Sheraton. I was just on that stretch of Howell Ave. today, there might be a Super 8 as well. God that's bad, been here almost ten years, had the union office in the same stretch and can't remember if a Super 8 is there. Nearby is the Holiday Inn Express, and further away is stuff on 13th and College. It's all safe around the airport, any one will probably work fine.

Clarion is your best bet. Walking distance to the Terminal. Which is a bar, not a stripclub. That is two doors down at the 'lounge'. Next is a Best Western, Motel 6, and then the Wyndham, which used to be the Four Points Sheraton. I was just on that stretch of Howell Ave. today, there might be a Super 8 as well. God that's bad, been here almost ten years, had the union office in the same stretch and can't remember if a Super 8 is there. Nearby is the Holiday Inn Express, and further away is stuff on 13th and College. It's all safe around the airport, any one will probably work fine.

Drove past the Landmark a while back and it appeared to be shut down. Please say it ain't so!

Drove past the Landmark a while back and it appeared to be shut down. Please say it ain't so!

It be so! They shut it down and opened the Terminal behind it. The Terminal is actualy a great bar, but The Landmark was awesome. I miss it...

Yeah. I try to get a good picture from Jeff, one of the bartenders. There's three brothers and their father that own all of this stuff. I don't exactly know who owns what, as Joe and another guy run City Lounge, a non-smoking bar in Cudahy, just east of the airport on Layton. Anyway, talking to Jeff, he said the building really needs a lot of work. Since they dumped a ton into the Terminal, I'd bet they're waiting to make enough money to start the work on the Landmark. The other problem is sales. Jeff said the majority of sales is Bud Light and Miller light. Even if they reopened the Landmark, they'd be doing it at a loss, due to the Terminal. So in other words, who knows.

On the bright side, if you can hack a tough owner, there's the Sugar Maple that is a half block east of KK on Lincoln. Sixty micros, no smoking, no BS. Bruno is tough, but really knows his stuff. He won't even put Spotted Cow on tap. A great whisky/bourbon selection as well.

Ramada and Clarion... both are terrible, Ramada reminds me of the shining... apparently switching to a new hotel in November? Wingate or Wyndham I think.

Latest resources

Back