• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MKE Airport hotels

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most regional crews stay at the Sheraton across the street from the airport.
Not the most ideal location but there are a couple of greasy spoons closeby and if you are in the Wisconsin size strippers, then there is the "terminal" close by.

Hope this helps...

The Wyndam is old, but has a decent bar and restaurant. The Holiday Inn Express is newer and cleaner, nice pool, etc. I haven't tried the bar/restaurant in the hotel yet. Main reason being because there are several good restaurants within walking distance...Beer Belly's and a Culver's that happens to have better burgers than most places I can recall.

Clarion is practically on the field. Probably on the low end of the franchise, but survivable. Walking distance from the aforementioned greasy spoons, Terminal, and bars.

Was thinking the same thing...

That and responding: "I stay at your Mom's house"...

Sheraton = former Milwauke Grand

Most regional crews stay at the Sheraton across the street from the airport.
Not the most ideal location but there are a couple of greasy spoons closeby and if you are in the Wisconsin size strippers, then there is the "terminal" close by.

Hope this helps...

The Sheraton was the former Mil. Grand, one of the best hotels in the city. The Theatre in the parking lot closed as well as the rachet club. There were a lot of very good restaurants in the area, but mostly fast food now.

The restaurant in the lot was/is one of the top 10 in the state, coat and tie and pricey. The secret was it uses the same kitchen for the smaller restaurant in the hotel. You could get the special and the crew discount and have a great meal. Then be a hero and buy donoughts at the Dunkin D. for the crew the next morning. They also had a crew lounge for all air carriers and baked cookies in the afternoon. It was very social. That used to be one of my favorite RONs back in the day.

Last edited:

Actually, "The Terminal" is a pretty cool bar that opened only 2-3 years ago in what used to be a truck terminal behind "The Landmark." The Landmark is a somewhat more well known, very old bar. None of them have strippers... you're probably thinking of "The Airport Lounge" next door.

I'm curious where the SWA hotel will be. Hopefully downtown.

Enjoy MKE... when it's too cold outside, you might as well drink!

Latest resources

Back