• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mitsubishi MU-2 study guide?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One of the biggest things that will give you a brain cramp learning to fly the MU2 is that virtually everything you learned about multi engine flying, you will have to un learn to a big extent.

One of the biggest things that will give you a brain cramp learning to fly the MU2 is that virtually everything you learned about multi engine flying, you will have to un learn to a big extent.

And turboprop operation, if you've been running PT6s!! Heard the term 'negative transfer of learning' a LOT during training.

If I get the gig it'll be in house most likely. Its a B model -60.

If I recall, MU-2 initial and recurrent flight training is covered under an SFAR after the FAA's safety review of the airplane.

You may not be able to do any in-house, in-aircraft training. Might be worth it to take a look at the SFAR.

Ultra

If I recall, MU-2 initial and recurrent flight training is covered under an SFAR after the FAA's safety review of the airplane.

You may not be able to do any in-house, in-aircraft training. Might be worth it to take a look at the SFAR.

Ultra

Quite a list of approved instructors though. I'm sure many places still give you the 'express course.' Sure glad I got the real deal from SIMCOM though, that thing is a beast even before anything goes wrong!

I think the funeral home has a few!

Yeah, found out today were going with SIMCOM.

I might be trolling for a qualified and current MU-2 guy/gal (CFI too, would be great!) in a few months in the SOCAL area who would be looking to pick up some extra cash. Owner was warm to the idea of having some experience in the right seat for a little while. I'll just be the go between guy, sure you would have to be "hired" by the owner.

Simcom Orlando

If you go to Orlando for training try to request John Wichterman if he is still there. Went through King Air initial with him and he was a great guy. He has a lot of MU-2 time and absolutely loved the airplane.

Yeah, found out today were going with SIMCOM.

I might be trolling for a qualified and current MU-2 guy/gal (CFI too, would be great!) in a few months in the SOCAL area who would be looking to pick up some extra cash. Owner was warm to the idea of having some experience in the right seat for a little while. I'll just be the go between guy, sure you would have to be "hired" by the owner.

I say this with total respect and I hate to add to this, but given the history of the plane, are there any other options available? I can't believe that if you have the money to operate a MU-2 you couldn't find something else? All the best-

Latest resources

Back