Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tchinson

Tchinson
So I was watching the movie Miracle the other night, the one about the 1980 US Olympic hockey team, and I saw in the credits that one of the players is now, or recently was, a pilot for Mesaba. His name is Steve Christoff or something like that. Granted the movie did come out some 8 years ago or something but I was just wondering if he still flys for them, or moved on to a major? I think he would be around 50 years old now. Anybody know of him?

Still here, currently a CRJ900 CA. I think the age is about right on. Little story from about a week or two ago. He was checking out tickets for the Minnesota Wild on a coumputer in the crew room, and I overheard a younger FO saying "I didn't know you were interested in hockey"......A few heads turned around, but I don't think anybody clued him in. There was so much publicity about it back in the day, people don't even bring it up at work any more.

Still here, currently a CRJ900 CA. I think the age is about right on. Little story from about a week or two ago. He was checking out tickets for the Minnesota Wild on a coumputer in the crew room, and I overheard a younger FO saying "I didn't know you were interested in hockey"......A few heads turned around, but I don't think anybody clued him in. There was so much publicity about it back in the day, people don't even bring it up at work any more.

If he has to buy tickets to the Wild I'd be surprised. NHL alumni are treated pretty well, at least here in Boston...BTW he was a great player and I don't know why he didn't last longer in the NHL .Most likely a Canadian thing.

Last edited:
Great guy to fly with. Always had fun, his humor is awesome. Pretty cool guy.

i thought this thread was gonna be about the spiky haired i pod and backpack wearing pansies that everyone complains about at xj

Latest resources

Back