MIRACLE Mesaba Pilot

Tchinson

Tchinson
Total Time
So I was watching the movie Miracle the other night, the one about the 1980 US Olympic hockey team, and I saw in the credits that one of the players is now, or recently was, a pilot for Mesaba. His name is Steve Christoff or something like that. Granted the movie did come out some 8 years ago or something but I was just wondering if he still flys for them, or moved on to a major? I think he would be around 50 years old now. Anybody know of him?

xjcaptain

Total Time
14000+
Still here, currently a CRJ900 CA. I think the age is about right on. Little story from about a week or two ago. He was checking out tickets for the Minnesota Wild on a coumputer in the crew room, and I overheard a younger FO saying "I didn't know you were interested in hockey"......A few heads turned around, but I don't think anybody clued him in. There was so much publicity about it back in the day, people don't even bring it up at work any more.

OttoPilot

Total Time
.77 Yr
Al Secord, formerly of the Chicago Black Hawks, was a Great Lakes Pilot. He is now at American.

filejw

Total Time
Still here, currently a CRJ900 CA. I think the age is about right on. Little story from about a week or two ago. He was checking out tickets for the Minnesota Wild on a coumputer in the crew room, and I overheard a younger FO saying "I didn't know you were interested in hockey"......A few heads turned around, but I don't think anybody clued him in. There was so much publicity about it back in the day, people don't even bring it up at work any more.
If he has to buy tickets to the Wild I'd be surprised. NHL alumni are treated pretty well, at least here in Boston...BTW he was a great player and I don't know why he didn't last longer in the NHL .Most likely a Canadian thing.

Last edited:

xjhawk

Total Time
Great guy to fly with. Always had fun, his humor is awesome. Pretty cool guy.

Moustache

Total Time
Bunch
I was a lineman before a pilot....about as relevant

callowayhd

Total Time
i thought this thread was gonna be about the spiky haired i pod and backpack wearing pansies that everyone complains about at xj

Ratherbsurfing

Total Time
We had a flight attendent who won the sliver medal in the match sprints at the 1984 games in LA. Very impressive cyclist.

big shacks

big shack's
Total Time
minor
i thought this thread was gonna be about the spiky haired i pod and backpack wearing pansies that everyone complains about at xj
Yep they only exist here

SLOTH

gold member
Total Time
Didn't Jim Lyon, guitarist for Eddie Money, fly for TSA?

Broke in CVG

Broke AGAIN in CVG!
Total Time
Life
Don't forget Nicole Whitehead, Playboy Playmate May 2004, went to Express Jet as a FO.

Last edited: