• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Minnesotans Mull New Airline To Ensure R

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
9E is not going to fly to RHI,INL, etc. The runways are marginal in terms of length, especially this time of year, and we have(as of December) only 2 spare aircraft. New deliveries are already earmarked for expansion, not flying to XJ cities.

If NWA's plan of attack is to have Pinnacle fly Mesaba's routes they're in for a BIG suprise!!!

I don't think media types will understand "struck" flying in relation to contingency plans.

As for contingency plans....what I have heard is that passengers will be rebooked out of "close" airports with NW or Pinnacle flights - and NOT provided ground transport (busing, etc.). That may work for some of our cities (within two or so hours). Some passengers will get screwed.

SA227,

It is good to hear those words from a Big Sky pilot (if that's who you are). Unfortunately, you have learned the hard way what this company is capable of at this point in it's history. We appreciate the support in words and in action.

To everyone, whether you are union or not, if you want something better out of this profession now is the time to back a pilot group that is trying to draw the line and stop the downward spiral.

The word is going out that SAAB of North America or Mesaba by another name is looking for contract saab pilots to reposition planes to maintenance bases. PLEASE, don't fly our Saabs! Let them sit wherever they end up.

Once again, thanks for all the support.

It is up to Mesaba and Coex to set the standard right now for the regionals and it is the job of the rest of us to support there efforts. Good luck to both pilot groups, you have my support

okay here we go...another airline trying to $crew its people....We need magnt. to realize they are not running a "regional" airline any more. The pilots are flying with the mesa and xjt alot long flights for the "big guys"...the world has changed and they cannot (mangt.) realize pilots are no longer going to take erj pay flying 737 pax....I say strike if needed ....maybe mangt will get the picture

yes....we are now flying 737 passengers...I think the WHOLE industry needs to wake up and realize things are different...not just the regionals management. I think it is the MAJORS that need to wake up and realize that they will not be able to glum off of the regionals anymore. This industry has not seen the end to its turmoils. The "succesful" regionals have been succesful due to outdated labor and majors contracts.

This strike is entering new ground in the airline industry...someone is going to lose big...whether it be the pilot group at first, or the whole company on the back end. And now fault to the pilots or to the management...but more to the crooked industry on a whole (the majors and the games they play).

I will never forgive the Freedom Air Fvcks for the box they have put us all in. The Mesa "pilots" were no help either.

Stay strong MESABA & COEX! You have a chance to hold the line Comair, Horizon, and Chataq. pilots drew.

Maybe those "airport managers and community leaders" need to be educated on the issues. Perhaps then instead of cooking up pie-in-the-sky ideas of another airline they could lobby Mesaba management to deal fairly and equitably with their employees. Just a thought.

Maybe those "airport managers and community leaders" need to be educated on the issues.

I hear this the buzzphrase "education" used alot where it is not appropriate. The politicians and airports managers don't need educating because regardless of the circumstances, they don't give a rats *ss about how Mesaba compensates its employees. All they care about is getting service to their airport CHEAP and OFTEN, and preferably subsidised by someone else. I have no doubt that they'd think migrate labor from eastern europe would be just fine flying Mesaba aircraft, as long as it fit their purposes.

Don't kid yourself, NOBODY including the politicians and public cares about airline workers. If there's a strike, who do you think is going to take the blame? . . . . it sure isn't the company. It's going to be those greedy pilots wanting to make more than MSP bus drivers do.

Hang tough Mesaba pilots. You can count on most of yourselves, but not the public or politicians, Democrats or Republicans, nor your supposed brethern in the industry. It's up to you alone.

At least IMHO.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back