• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Minnesotans Mull New Airline To Ensure R

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2nd time I heard this idea...first time published...

...let's just say there will be some "airline expertise" from experienced individuals behind the plan...I know no more.

I think the greatest part of the article is where they say Pinnacle will cover our flying. They're in for a surprise... right 9E guys and girls?

The Pinnacle (9E) boys and girls - WILL NOT FLY MESABA STRUCK WORK. PERIOD!!!!! Enough said

I suppose that the airport managers et al are going to walk into Wal Mart and pick up an operating certificate; last I checked they were in household goods next to dust-mops. Then they need to swing by Barnes and Noble and pick up a copy of "Airline Certification for Dummies" (authored by Frank Lorenzo BTW) which has a new CD-ROM guide to proving runs. I guess they can lease the aircraft from NWA/Mesaba but wouldn't it be tacky to keep the same red paint? If you're going to start your own airline are you not entitled to paint the aircraft any way you like???

I think they can do it. It beats lobbying their business associate (XJ) to stand straight and do the right thing.

There is shoveling horses*!t and then there is using a bulldozer. I think I smell diesel exhaust!!!!!!!!!!

I'm shooting from the hip because I don't know the Mesaba service area that well but I'll go out on a limb and say that there probably isn't enough traffic to support a competing "regional" airline. Also any new airline would need a codeshare to seamlessly link pasengers from those small towns like Hibbard to the aviation infrastructure. So those politicians and airport managers are pretty much nuts. Still I think that someone, preferably from the Mesaba MEC should attempt some dialogue with those people. It wouldn't hurt. I agree that they probably don't care much about the pilots however if they were convinced that the best (and only) way to sustain service to the smaller MN communities was a peaceful resolution to the current contract dispute they might be inclined to support the pilots.
I wish the Mesaba pilots the best and hope that a last minute deal come together granting them competive compensation and work rules.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back