minimum flight time requirements?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

poor2thecore

So what is the latest with the minimum flight time requirements to go to an airline? I heard it has stalled, but was down to 800 total time and that could be further reduced by going to a accredited aviation university?

It appears to be on the back burner for now. Last I heard was 800. No telling what it will be reduced down to with the right place. Probably not much of they get desperate for pilots again.

There were 2 guys with ~300 hrs total time in my newhire class at ASA in Feb 08.

I doubt that'll be competitive if ASA hires again...lots of unemployed pilots looking for work these days.

Yea, it makes me wonder with all the retirements that pick up in a couple of years if they will be desperate. It's too early to tell, but I could see it being like that once again. Who knows.

Yea, it makes me wonder with all the retirements that pick up in a couple of years if they will be desperate. It's too early to tell, but I could see it being like that once again. Who knows.

Yes. 2012 is when the floodgates will open, and plus nobody wants to be a com pilot anymore since it's nothing more than a bus driving job now with 0 benefits. Now.... whether those floodgates are to drown civilization because of planet X's final approach into earth like that movie or whether it being pilot hiring nobody is sure. But something will happen in 2012. Stay tuned.

Latest resources

Back