Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mindset of the typical US Airways east pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you people STILL talking?

Jesus F. Christ, It's more fun watching drunks argue...

They too say the same things over and over and over just like you guys, never come to a conclusion, make ridiculous statements based on fantasy, lies, and hearsay yet, they are ultimately more entertaining because they look sloppy, slur their words and ultimately will pass out and STFU. Unlike all of you.

Can't wait til' the APA guys start chiming in as the continuing formation of the Sheisse Ball is rolled into an even bigger one as the Merger continues into the "Largest ( S-Ball ) Airline in The World ".

I'm so jealous.

:)

Love and Merry Christmas,

Whine

I ain't no typical US Airways East Pilot. I am a Grey Flagged Stars and Bars, Piedmonster, Bubba Jet Pilut. I fly a Boeing Bubba Jet to the "Hub-o-Bubba" in CLT.

I lives back in the "hills", I likes my licker from a still and I got's be a big truck and a 4-wheeler and lots o guns and dogs. My Momma kin out shoot yure Momma. I goes to NASCAR whenever I kin and I stays till the very end unlessin I gets to drunk to watch.

I'm a waitin for Santa Claus to bring me some good stuff. I hope's Momma don't shoot him first.

Be careful frying that Turkey or Hog on the front porch , my neighbor two trailers down done burnt down his trailer cause he fried a Turkey and the frier done fell over.

Happy Christmas to youal.

Man, am I glad I had my choice of airlines when I got hired. My agent had a bidding war going between Delta, UAL, EAL, Pan Am, TWA, NWA and guess what.....she picked one that is still in business!!!! Damn, I'm lucky......except she took half of what I own ten years into the contract. Now my buddy got on to that regional UsAir/Piedmont airline in CLT a few years after me. Figured he would be on his retirement 737 flight into Blue Bell, WV one day. But low and behold, he's an A330 Capt today flying into fabulous international destinations. And just think.....that Doug Parker could of let that little "Eastie" regional sink in bankruptcy and then purchase their worthless assets in a fire sale. But he saved the day. Man, those Easties should worship at his and his cactus alter the rest of their careers. Happy Holidays!!!

Last edited:
That there little South-Eastie airline was a power house. Bigger n better than that desert mess. Yep the Yankees did try to mess it up, but they couldn't get keep them confederate air force types down.

That there US Airways before the AA merger was a making money like crazy. That desert airline still has problems with makin money. Them airlines was both in trouble but one of em got fixed good an the other is still burning oil and needs a lot of work, just like one of my pickemup trucks.

Dougwiser sez that over a quarter of the PHX flying is being done East cuase they ain't got no profitable routes to fly in the desert. That's jus the way it is.

Think about that last line...

Phx flying has been done by the east

Anybody else think loa 93 might have had something to do with that?

The festerpest has got his talking points screwed up again. There aren't any east airplanes sitting idle, so the west is not doing 30 pct of "their" flying. The east couldn't make money with their operation and was burning the furniture to stay warm. They didn't have enough cash to satisfy both the credit card companies or the ATSB, so AWA came in as the only offer that kept the airline intact. The east pilots brought on their own suffering by failing to acknowledge reality and be proactive (sounds like that hasn't changed in the past 10 yrs). Again they were given a lifeline to parity with the west and the chance to build a much better contract from which to base a future merger, but they were too shortsighted to figure that out. Instead they chose a dead-end strategy that lead to a massive waste of dues money for nothing. They would have only delayed their upgrades less than 18 months had they adopted the Nic and moved forward.

Fester, you know all this is true, yet you still spread your lies.

Now my buddy got on to that regional UsAir/Piedmont airline in CLT a few years after me. Figured he would be on his retirement 737 flight into Blue Bell, WV one day. But low and behold, he's an A330 Capt today flying into fabulous international destinations.

Don't ruin the Holidays by asking him what he was earning the past 7 years. Flying an A330 on 737 pay is embarrassing.

Think about that last line...

Phx flying has been done by the east

Anybody else think loa 93 might have had something to do with that?

I just wanted to read that again. The east did so much of that Phx-MSP/Las/San/Den/Ont etc etc flying before the merger....

Merger Committee Update

Details Created on Friday, 20 December 2013 12:54
On Thursday, December 19, in compliance with the MOU direction regarding the Seniority List Integration (SLI) timeline, representatives from your Merger Committee met in Washington with representatives of the APA Seniority Integration Committee. We discussed language for the Protocol Agreement which will govern major aspects of the upcoming SLI process. This is the 1st phase of the Seniority Integration process as defined in the MOU Timeline.

The exchange was friendly, frank and productive. We will continue to exchange draft language during the holidays and have scheduled additional meeting dates in early January. Your Board was briefed by the Merger Committee earlier this month on our initial draft of the Protocol Agreement at the most recent quarterly meeting in Charlotte, with the understanding they would approve any final language.

Last week the Company proposed a meeting on December 20 with themselves, USAPA, APA, and the Addington II plaintiffs. As you know, the Company, USAPA, and APA are the only parties to the MOU. The plaintiffs in the Addington II litigation are not. A meeting between the Company and the Addington II plaintiffs concerning seniority would be a violation of a number of sections of the MOU as well as the Railway Labor Act. Additionally, the Company has never indicated the intended subject matter of the proposed meeting.

The USAPA Merger Committee will not be attending the meeting, or any other meeting that includes parties other than the exclusive bargaining agents of the two pilot groups and the Company, unless and until there is a requirement from the courts.
Our counsel has stated this position to the Company, including the fact that such a meeting would violate USAPA’s status as the certified bargaining representative of all US Airways Pilots. You may rest assured your Merger Committee is in unanimous agreement that we will endeavor to comply with all aspects of the MOU as it pertains to our SLI timeline. Should the Company not follow the well-defined direction and intent of the MOU, your union will take the appropriate steps under the procedures established by the MOU to stop the violations and steer the process back to the proper course. Attached is a copy of the letter that was sent to the Company yesterday.

The recap of the recent APA board meeting contains the following report:

"The Seniority Integration Committee gave an in-depth briefing in executive session. The board approved a related motion to authorize the committee to enter into protocol and seniority integration negotiations in accordance with the four-party MOU and the McCaskill Bond Act labor protective provisions. The committee is directed to seek a fair and equitable seniority integration based on the AA pilots' pre-merger career expectations that ensures equitable sharing of post-merger progression or decline."

We are encouraged by this report and are hopeful our discussions with the APA Committee will continue to make progress towards fair and equitable seniority integration for all of our pilots.

USAPA Merger Committee

Latest resources

Back