Milwaukee or Vegas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flying zephyr

It seems that MKE has more problems with snow removal than Vegas does. This is a northern airport that, albiet this is a heavier snow, has trouble staying open when just a few inches fall. Any airports worse for snow removal??? Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to all. Here's hoping for a better '09 and maybe a new job.

It seems that MKE has more problems with snow removal than Vegas does. This is a northern airport that, albiet this is a heavier snow, has trouble staying open when just a few inches fall. Any airports worse for snow removal??? Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to all. Here's hoping for a better '09 and maybe a new job.

Yep, that is what you get when the Airport is run by the County which in turn is run by a bunch of inept ex-tavern keepers. And I live here! <grin>

It can stay closed all day. I'm supposed to do five legs tomorrow and I would like to reduce that to a max of 3. Enjoying the snow up here in MKE.

Snow removal at MKE does indeed suck. Last year the excuse was "it's a new contractor". Don't know the excuse this year.

Wait for snow at DFW

Snow removal at MKE does indeed suck. Last year the excuse was "it's a new contractor". Don't know the excuse this year.

It only has to snow for about 30 minutes for all he!! to break loose at DFW!!!!! My wife once endured a 6 hour ground wait to TAKEOFF for Hawaii and it only snowed for about 4 hours and stopped. The AA jet deiced 3 different times only to get to the runway and they were "closed for takeoffs".
I've heard that UAL doesn't even have a deice contract for DFW, so if it's required, they just cancel.
LUV

I have flown out of MKE a couple of times recently and it amazes me how inept the management is at keeping the airport open in any type of winter weather. I was told that whenever the braking action is reported less than 'fair' the airport is closed for snow removal. I was also told that this has to do with a certain major carrier running off the runway in the past and threatening the management somehow. Dunno, but thats the story I heard.

A couple of years ago they didn't even bother to plow G taxiway and had compacted snow sitting for months. Someone had gone through with a small plow, probably on a tug, and carved out the centerline. Once your nosewheel was in the rut it autosteered you down the taxiway. Actually pretty sweet.

A couple of years ago they didn't even bother to plow G taxiway and had compacted snow sitting for months. Someone had gone through with a small plow, probably on a tug, and carved out the centerline. Once your nosewheel was in the rut it autosteered you down the taxiway. Actually pretty sweet.
Well if MKE is landing North, PNCL will take care of the snow banks on 25

It only has to snow for about 30 minutes for all he!! to break loose at DFW!!!!! My wife once endured a 6 hour ground wait to TAKEOFF for Hawaii and it only snowed for about 4 hours and stopped. The AA jet deiced 3 different times only to get to the runway and they were "closed for takeoffs".
I've heard that UAL doesn't even have a deice contract for DFW, so if it's required, they just cancel.
LUV

if you're referring to a few days ago at DFW, that massive ground delay program was exclusively (and requested by) for AAL aircraft

Latest resources

Back