• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest withholding $$$ from Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't ever see Midwest ever becoming an ALL 170/190 airline, unless they forfeit CLE, ATW, GRB, IND, GRR etc. Its not economical to run those planes to these cities. Loads right now on our SkyWest CRJs are around mid-20s if we are lucky. My average for CLE is around 6-10. The only full load runs are MSP, EWR, PHL and MSN. Outside that, loads outside the holidays are pretty thin. Just my observation.

Same with AirTran and Southwest. There is not enough pax demand from these cities for bigger airplanes. Too much competiton thru ORD on American and United.

I agree with UND Sioux's number 1 option. I see Delta trying to get around scope using the Midwest E190s as a codeshare.

Either way...GO NUGGETS!!

Im glad you guarantee it......But you have to have the Guarantee on the Box or the customers wont be happy

Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.

Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.

Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?

The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of $hit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Maybe this was part of the master plan? Midwest defaults on payments and is forced to either sell the company to RAH or file bankruptcy. If bankruptcy happens, guess who the biggest creditor is...RAH. Either way, Skywest gets fired and it becomes an E170/E190 airline.

i hate to say it, but we have plenty of 145s coming out of service from UAL and CAL flying that could be used to replace SKW crj200s. not to say that this is going to happen, but BB will do whatever it takes to keep planes flying

Im glad you guarantee it......But you have to have the Guarantee on the Box or the customers wont be happy

I could take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, but then it would just be Mesa.

I don't ever see Midwest ever becoming an ALL 170/190 airline, unless they forfeit CLE, ATW, GRB, IND, GRR etc. Its not economical to run those planes to these cities. Loads right now on our SkyWest CRJs are around mid-20s if we are lucky.

Sounds like they need some 30+/- seaters in MKE. Too bad there are any Do328J's around....hmmm...indeed too bad...

that would be sooo cool!

1)You think Delta is going to be very happy with Republic operating it's own airline... dont think so.
2) You think the mighty republic could operate against southwest...dont think so

It is a very good chance that Skywest will be cut from all the Midwest flying... but I guarantee you if that happens, Republic won't be flying for them either...

I CANNOT WAIT for Southwest to spool up its MKE operation..........couldn't have happened to a better group of ___________ (fill in the blank with your own expletive)

Latest resources

Back