Midwest withholding $$$ from Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboyzz1

Any of you REP pilots know about this...

Just got a memo at SKW about some stuff including that Midwest has come to us for more concessions. It also said that Midwest has announced that they are going to withhold payments to Republic for their portion of the flying.

Hearing that I'd have a hard time dishing out the $$$ for brand new 190s if I knew my partner couldn't even pay me for the services I currently provided. I have a feeling this is how it will soon be: frontier 170s -> midwest 170s -> orphaned 170s & 190s.

Yep-

People should not forget that NWA bought control of Midwest-and that DAL now holds that stake. This is the way RA and Steenland play ball!

The payments to Republic were renegotaited with the new 190's so Republic isnt waiting for $$ from Midex. Republic has a big financial state in what goes on so they have negotiated who get paid first when payments are made.
As for Skywest, im sure that Midex owes them money as well as many others including Milwaukee County for gate leases in D concourse, some of those gates will now be going to Southwest come late 2009. Should be interesting.
And NW/ DAL only ownes a 47% share of Midwest. TPG owns the remainder so its not controlling. However, no one really knows who is calling the shots there and how long it will continue to operate.
IMO: I think Midex stays around until DAL can get some sort of operation there (larger than the current one), to compete with Airtran and SWA. Should be a 3 horse race in MKE come late 2010. Then at some point Midex will cease operations or operate an expanded code share with DAL. DAL will want those Midex customers and will advertise accordingly.

Any of you REP pilots know about this...

Just got a memo at SKW about some stuff including that Midwest has come to us for more concessions. It also said that Midwest has announced that they are going to withhold payments to Republic for their portion of the flying.

Hearing that I'd have a hard time dishing out the $$$ for brand new 190s if I knew my partner couldn't even pay me for the services I currently provided. I have a feeling this is how it will soon be: frontier 170s -> midwest 170s -> orphaned 170s & 190s.

Maybe this was part of the master plan? Midwest defaults on payments and is forced to either sell the company to RAH or file bankruptcy. If bankruptcy happens, guess who the biggest creditor is...RAH. Either way, Skywest gets fired and it becomes an E170/E190 airline.

that would be sooo cool!

1)You think Delta is going to be very happy with Republic operating it's own airline... dont think so.
2) You think the mighty republic could operate against southwest...dont think so

It is a very good chance that Skywest will be cut from all the Midwest flying... but I guarantee you if that happens, Republic won't be flying for them either...

Last edited:
that would be sooo cool!

1)You think Delta is going to be very happy with Republic operating it's own airline... dont think so.
2) You think the mighty republic could operate against southwest...dont think so

It is a very good chance that Skywest will be cut from all the Midwest flying... but I guarantee you if that happens, Republic won't be flying for them either...

1) How do you know Delta isn't pulling the strings behind the scenes in order to get 100 seaters codesharing for Delta?
2) Well, maybe not. But with the current pilot pay rates, a E190 with a cheap crew may be able to compete against Southwest. The FO at Southwest makes more than the Captain at RAH. The E190 is pretty fuel efficient too. Who knows.

Latest resources

Back