Midwest Stops Flying (it's own planes)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Minimaniac,

Good post. I pretty much agree with all of it. You pointed out one very unique aspect of the RAH/Midwest scenario. Namely, Midwest only had 25 planes. The same kind of thing happens all the time between other majors and other regionals. The problem this time is that a relatively small amount of flying shifting from one airline to another resulted in the demise of one of the carriers. Losing 25 planes out of 400 is unfortunate. Losing 25 planes out of 25 is catastrophic.

Midwest had 33 airplanes. I would wager a small fortune that it was Bedford telling TH to get rid of the MD80's long before telling him to get rid of the 717's.

I'd just like to start this off with, You're a scum bag. You and every single RAH pilot. You guys have stabbed every other pilot group in the back, just to get the "Guppy Killer".

1. No, you need to accept the fact that it's regional pilots like yourself who are willing to fly bigger airplanes for less money. How cool is it that you get to haul around 100 passengers around in that airplane, but as a captain you're still living in your parents basement?

2. If you want to make money, I suggest you quit flying for **** wages which in turn allows mainline management to dump it's pilots for scum like yourself, who will do it for cheaper.

Ah, the joys of unmitigated hypocrisy. That CRJ you flew never replaced any mainline jobs, huh?

That's a good video, although I wouldn't just rely on ALPA, or any union's rhetoric as the final word. There are other well written sources. And yes, I own a copy of "Flying the Line" and "Flying the Line 2." What Minimaniac's post says is good info too and there are other sources to figure out what has happened with these dealings.

This is a pretty interesting clip of the last days of People's Express. The really interesting part comes at about :42 seconds when it talks about the mess that was Continental back then. History does repeat itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVATdI7Ci74&feature=related

RAH will get theirs someday, too. Bedford (much like Orenstein) didn't reinvent the airline wheel here. They just found pilots who would do it for less. The cycle will come full cirle and there will be a newer, cheaper source of contract lift someday. Much like MAG pilots, RAH pilots will get a dose of their own medicine. Enjoy those ERJs before they're returned to the lessors.

what happen to Midwest can happen anywhere. The Midwest Brand was sold and bought by a completly different company that had there own a/c and aircrews. Are the original NWA/Republc pilots entitled to a position at the new Republic.

what happen to Midwest can happen anywhere. The Midwest Brand was sold and bought by a completly different company that had there own a/c and aircrews. Are the original NWA/Republc pilots entitled to a position at the new Republic.

Are you kidding? Do you read what you write. The new Republic is merely a holding company with mutiple airlines under its umbrella; and why would a NWA/Republic pilot want to be apart of RAH? Answer, THEY WOULDN'T!

Republic of old was a merger of Grits and Duck aka Southern and North Central with ops in MEM, DTW and MSP.

Furloughed MIDEX

Are you kidding? Do you read what you write. The new Republic is merely a holding company with mutiple airlines under its umbrella; and why would a NWA/Republic pilot want to be apart of RAH? Answer, THEY WOULDN'T!

Republic of old was a merger of Grits and Duck aka Southern and North Central with ops in MEM, DTW and MSP.

Furloughed MIDEX
You forgot Hughes Airwest! This Republic wouldn't make a pimple on the originals A$$.

Latest resources

Back