• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest Stops Flying (it's own planes)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you a rep. pilot? If so, I hope your attitude is the minority because it disgusts me. If you think $37/hr is even remotely acceptable to fly any aircraft(much less a 100 seater) you are delusional. This is not a hobby that people do for fun. It is a job that requires great skill, judgement and responsibility and should be compensated accordingly. I suggest if you are a pilot to leave the industry because your reasoning sounds alot like the SCABS of the past.

That's the problem with the industry. They've lowered the requirements to get hired and now you have guys who have left their first career to live out their "dreams" as an airline pilot.
So now you have these guys who have made all their money in another field, coming to the airlines and willing to fly the airplane for free.
Also these spoiled like punks who mommy and daddy paid for everything, and they don't have any bills to pay, so it's ok. They're the big airline pilot now!

If it isn't just name calling what else do you plan to do while taking this stand of yours?

They didn't just replace staff. The airline was bought, the unprofitable airframes and associated high priced staff were replaced. That does suck but it isn't as simple as you would like to believe.

I think you are the one that needs to wake up and stop living in the past. You need to accept the current reality of what a career as an airline pilot looks like.

If you want to make money you should become a plumber or start a business.
Dude, are you a product of incest? This happened way before Midwest was bought. Remember how they fired 75% of their pilots to bring in you little scabs before there was ever any word of Republic buying them? Republic pilots should have stood up right there and said no way, we won't hurt our brothers and sisters this way. Instead, you peed your pants in jubilation. Congratulations, you might get the chance to fly an Airbus for $37 an hour!
ALPA needs to grow some balls, team up with all of the independent unions create a new definition of scab or a new word to describe your actions with equally harsh connotations and block you little bitches from every other airline's jumpseat and block you from ever getting a job anywhere else. In other words everyone needs to team up, take a stand and treat you like the scabs you are.
Oh, and I am leaving the industry to go make money but I shouldn't have to. It is because scabs like you that I have to.

Last edited:
The only question I have is who is next?

Airtran!! maybe, I mean who knows. I don't think theres anyother regional out there with extra $$$$ and hungry for fresh flesh!!

Republic pilots should have stood up right there and said no way, we won't hurt our brothers and sisters this way. Instead, you peed your pants in jubilation. Congratulations, you might get the chance to fly an Airbus for $37 an hour!

I've kept pretty mum about this subject because I don't like what's happening here, but I'm sick of the double standard. You should be enraged at the Midwest pilot group just as much as you are at the RAH group. Why didn't they stand up right there and shut the place down? Why didn't they stand up for SkyWay? Who the ******************** are you guys to demand that we small time players and pawns step up as if we were the Titans when the Titans refuse to stand up themselves?

You goons would have more ammo for your scab jihad if we were hiring into those positions, we weren't. The MidEx move was a move of desperation on our management's part to keep a few airframes flying. Our "benevolent" leaders did what they saw fit. So did MidEx's, sucks to be all of us.

The instant I figure a way to make roughly what I make right now, outside aviation, I'm out of this piece.

Dude, are you a product of incest? This happened way before Midwest was bought. Remember how they fired 75% of their pilots to bring in you little scabs before there was ever any word of Republic buying them? Republic pilots should have stood up right there and said no way, we won't hurt our brothers and sisters this way. Instead, you peed your pants in jubilation. Congratulations, you might get the chance to fly an Airbus for $37 an hour!
ALPA needs to grow some balls, team up with all of the independent unions create a new definition of scab or a new word to describe your actions with equally harsh connotations and block you little bitches from every other airline's jumpseat and block you from ever getting a job anywhere else. In other words everyone needs to team up, take a stand and treat you like the scabs you are.
Oh, and I am leaving the industry to go make money but I shouldn't have to. It is because scabs like you that I have to.

You should leave and very soon. You appear to be unstable and unfit to fly much more than a single engine, fixed gear (possibly only sport category) aircraft.

And I don't fly for RAH but I don't blame them for the current status of the inductry like you do.

They didn't just replace staff. The airline was bought, the unprofitable airframes and associated high priced staff were replaced.

They are only high priced because **************************************** will fly similar airplanes for 37 bucks an hour. Tops.

Are they really high priced, or is the company's pilots that took them over very underpriced?

Senior Midex pilots should have stopped this....

I've kept pretty mum about this subject because I don't like what's happening here, but I'm sick of the double standard. You should be enraged at the Midwest pilot group just as much as you are at the RAH group. Why didn't they stand up right there and shut the place down? Why didn't they stand up for SkyWay? Who the ******************** are you guys to demand that we small time players and pawns step up as if we were the Titans when the Titans refuse to stand up themselves?

You goons would have more ammo for your scab jihad if we were hiring into those positions, we weren't. The MidEx move was a move of desperation on our management's part to keep a few airframes flying. Our "benevolent" leaders did what they saw fit. So did MidEx's, sucks to be all of us.

The instant I figure a way to make roughly what I make right now, outside aviation, I'm out of this piece.

Have no dog in this squabble, but as an outsider, Midex pilots should have shut the place down the week after it was announced the outsourcing was to begin, instead all of the senior pilots just put their head in the sand as the bottom half was furloughed and thought, "whew, glad it wasn't me"... well now it's them as well. Too bad, really....

One of the more intelligent posts around here. Full of LUV too. It takes two... to... Ta Ta Tango...

RJET's war chest is down to less than $150m, and almost half of that is restricted. Midwest and Frontier can burn through that easily in a bad quarter.

Latest resources

Back