• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How did RAH pilots help make this happen? Let's start with pay rates. The Captains pay for the 175/190 is embarasing. ($77 after 5 years)WTF? The FO is just F-ing stupid! (top out at $37 at 4 years) All jets? Are you kidding me? That's how they helped make this happen!
Talk about dragging down the industry. They have set the new bar for bringing down our industry. In a big way. Is anybody else seeing this?

This is a mainline aircraft. Regionals have no business flying these untill the pilots realize that just because we work for a "regional" airline, doesn't mean we have to take it in the shorts. If a "regional" airline payed mainline wages to fly these then fine. Not until then. This regional word is being misused. We fly coast to coast and Canada to Mexico.
We need to just change our name and it will change our mindset. We need to take Regional out of our vocabulary. Seriously! Management knows that we have this regional mindset and they are exploiting it. We are being taken advantage of. It is down right criminal the wages we are making for the sacrafices from home and responsibility we hold. For the amount we all have in this career and for the thousands of reasons we can loose our job at any moment, we should be paid more.

Am I right or am I right?

What would be the point of speaking up? Heels are dug in, opinions are formed nobody is going to change their minds and nobody can convince anyone to do so. So what would be the point? To try to argue reasonably?

On FI?

Sure. :laugh::rolleyes:

And if you listened carefully, you might could just barely pick up the sound of a RAH pilot; but for the most part all anyone can really hear is a sea of noise.

Actually I haven't heard a thing hear on FI, while they are on the jumpseat, while they are in their "crewroom" in ORD which used to be the United Cafeteria. They are quiet, apparently have no problem with their dumping pilots on the street and flying for foodstamps.

As for your last paragraph, what ever you are on it must be good. Makes no sense.

"We are being taken advantage of. It is down right criminal the wages we are making for the sacrafices from home and responsibility we hold. For the amount we all have in this career and for the thousands of reasons we can loose our job at any moment, we should be paid more.

Am I right or am I right?"

I don't see how you're being taken advantage of if you voluntarily accept the terms and conditions of the job offer when hired and choose to report to work day after day. To accept a job and then complain about the particulars of it afterward is not taking responsibility for your decision.

How did RAH pilots help make this happen? Let's start with pay rates. The Captains pay for the 175/190 is embarasing. ($77 after 5 years)WTF? The FO is just F-ing stupid! (top out at $37 at 4 years) All jets? Are you kidding me? That's how they helped make this happen!
Talk about dragging down the industry. They have set the new bar for bringing down our industry. In a big way. Is anybody else seeing this?

This is a mainline aircraft. Regionals have no business flying these untill the pilots realize that just because we work for a "regional" airline, doesn't mean we have to take it in the shorts. If a "regional" airline payed mainline wages to fly these then fine. Not until then. This regional word is being misused. We fly coast to coast and Canada to Mexico.
We need to just change our name and it will change our mindset. We need to take Regional out of our vocabulary. Seriously! Management knows that we have this regional mindset and they are exploiting it. We are being taken advantage of. It is down right criminal the wages we are making for the sacrafices from home and responsibility we hold. For the amount we all have in this career and for the thousands of reasons we can loose our job at any moment, we should be paid more.

When they are willingto hire someone to fly a jet with 300 hours, you should pretty much see what value they put on pilots.

Do you think they're looking for an investment opportunity in employees or a cheap pilot?

I'm not one to jump on typos...but damn, wrong word choices are pretty freakin' funny from pilot know-it-alls!

b727fa said:
Um, since your an a$$ clown what would you know about all the airlines of the world and all their problems?

It just doesn't get any better than that!

I agree with the Colonial. You complain about how you are being expoited, but you voluntarily applied, interviewed and accepted a job knowing all about what you were in for. Now you complain? I flew for a regional way back when. The conditions were the same back then, they sucked, but I chose to go there just like you and had no right to complain after the fact.

sitnresrv- Appreciate the sentiment. BTW it's Colonel, not Colonial. I did get a chuckle out of it though.

You are right. They should call them "contract carriers" instead of "regionals."

The R's all have to do with replacement. No airline has replaced more pilots then Republic. The windfall Republic pilots have gained the last few years come at the expense of many seasoned real jobs at real carriers. Repulic is a disgrace.

M

And....that's the fault of the pilots, right?

Latest resources

Back