• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest pilots think all 717s will go by next year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is a cop out. You throw out about our not being rational in the spring, but you fail to put out your rational proposal. Let me guess, relative seniority by equipment that causes ALL nwa pilots to lose ground and ALL dal to gain??? If that is all you got then no wonder there is not an agreement.

Doesn't matter now. That offer is history.

We are doing things your way and thus far, that's fine by me. That's my opinion.

The point was, ALPA National does not have the power to execute mergers even under better circumstances than a Midwest/Delta deal.

Guess there are differing opinions on rational. We'll know for sure by Christmas.

That is a cop out. You throw out about our not being rational in the spring, but you fail to put out your rational proposal. Let me guess, relative seniority by equipment that causes ALL nwa pilots to lose ground and ALL dal to gain??? If that is all you got then no wonder there is not an agreement.

Will the Nicelau award be used as precedent? If so, USair east had large international equipment, and they were placed on top of the list for that reason, and then it went relative seniority I believe.

Will the Nicelau award be used as precedent? If so, USair east had large international equipment, and they were placed on top of the list for that reason, and then it went relative seniority I believe.

the difference is NWA flies internationally too (Am West did not goto Asia or Europe).

It is going to be interesting on how NWA pilots react if DAL get their way on the SLI.

Knowing NWA pilots, I think they will not go down without a really bitter battle, that might make the AAA/AWA look like childs play.

Without fences and protections it will be really ugly.

M

Never mind.

Last edited:
Won't matter because we are the smaller group and could not pull off a US(ABA. Some of us will be pissed the rest of our career and some won't. Actually what is going to be more interesting is what the RDs will do if they perceive the sli goes our way. Due to their #s will they pull a US(ABA or will they live up to their word of accepting binding arbitration? You guys apparantly did not understand the definition of binding. Even though I disagree with dalpas proposal and disagree with many, if not most of the RDs on here about what is fair, I know that as a group they are a honorable professionals and will not pull what y'all did. Furthermore, I look forward to working with them once this is behind us. This airline has the potential to be a truly dominating airline if managed properly and everyone pulling the same direction. Unlike Usair which is still a mostly domestic airline with a civil war on their hands. Imho, a ual/cal combo would/will be our biggest challange..

It is going to be interesting on how NWA pilots react if DAL get their way on the SLI.

Knowing NWA pilots, I think they will not go down without a really bitter battle, that might make the AAA/AWA look like childs play.

M

Last edited:

M

Care to stir the pot more you dork? Thanks Tanker Clown...

Actually what is going to be more interesting is what the RDs will do if they perceive the sli goes our way. ...
No news there. ... they will accept the outcome and do their jobs.

I have been impressed with the professionalism of both NWA and Delta pilots during difficult times.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back