• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest pilots think all 717s will go by next year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 737-700 are for sale from AAI and yes, DAL is interested.
We will see how many we buy. That is still up in the air.

Well, I still don't know if this rumor is true or not. No confirmation. But, it is interesting, and plausible. I think the DL Shuttle has around 16 airplanes on it, and less fly on the weekends. I have read that Midwest is getting rid of 16 717s soon, and MAY get rid of the rest (they have or had 25 total) next year. If we do get some of their planes though, and we have to hire as a result, we should hire some of their pilots too I think.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Boeing wants the 717's to go bye bye. I doubt Delta is replacing their 80's with 717's for their shuttle. It would be a separate program (TWA and Midwest couldn't get FAA approval for DC9 universal crews) and thus would not make any economic sense to bring 16 a/c onto property with its own training dept., etc.

From what I've heard Boeing simply told Tim no to any more 717 refinancing. They have never liked the 717 program and still view it as a road block to more 737 sales.

Shall we research the Pan Am lawsuit if Delta does buy the 717's?

Last edited:
Hi!

I think since MWA is owned and controlled by NWA, that the MWA pilots should be incorporated into the DAL list.

cliff
YIP

I agree, but according to DAL ALPA, they did not buy Midwest. They bought Northwest.

Semantics........

They will care when Midwest becomes a virtual airline that has a hole in DAL's scope clause.......

Lee Moak is full of shiite. Delta now owns 47% of Midwest, not NWA.

I hope the pilots at NWA/Delta can pull some strings and help these guys. It would be a great show of fraternity in an age where the culture is to divide and conquer.

I also would like to see them thrown a life line. We should also have fought to get Compass and Mesaba on the list for reasons that benefit both sides.

There are many reasons that this just will not happen:
(1) NWA did not buy MidWest, they just kept them out of a merger with AirTran. (It is incredibly ironic that NWA probably saved AirTran. If they had merged, there is no way that they would have maintained sufficient liquidity over the summer fuel cruch.)
(2) The political water is poisoned by fear.
(3) ALPA national has lost all of its legitimacy, credibility, and power to effect change. The NWA / Delta merger has gone forward mostly without the involvement of national. If national could not wrestle the NWA MEC towards a rational joint agreement earlier this year, there is no hope they could wrestle the joint Delta / NWA MEC into a meger with a group absent the corporate transaction.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter now. That offer is history.

We are doing things your way and thus far, that's fine by me. That's my opinion.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back