Midwest or stay at Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyWolf said:
I disagree, while doing my 717 initial training in Atlanta we continuously meet with Airtran guys in the break room upstairs, I have to admit they are very good group of guys, fun and courteous, and also noticed that their sim instructors are extremely nice and laid back. Sorry to say that but the Delta guys totally ignored us at the same facility.

I also have quite a few friends at Airtran, and know that they are a good group of guys, when it comes to whining, pilots have to whine its part of our job, its like picking up the usa today from the hotel in the morning.

Cheers

Didn't say anything about the pilots, I was talking about the company itself.

Chuck Yogourt said:
Didn't say anything about the pilots, I was talking about the company itself.

Hey, Chuckles, how about you get yourself on a winning team first, then you can come talk to us about other companies.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Careful Ty, or your language will send you to the box for few days...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ty Webb said:
Hey, Chuckles, how about you get yourself on a winning team first, then you can come talk to us about other companies.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I was rude and then was sent to the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Guy Here...

Hey all! I am sure you can see by my profile that I am a relative newcomer here to flightinfo.com, but I was just wondering...wouldn't Midwest Express and American Eagle fall under the "Regionals" section of flightinfo.com? Just trying to get up to speed on the industry...thanks!

LeonPhelps said:
Hey all! I am sure you can see by my profile that I am a relative newcomer here to flightinfo.com, but I was just wondering...wouldn't Midwest Express and American Eagle fall under the "Regionals" section of flightinfo.com? Just trying to get up to speed on the industry...thanks!
No, due to inflation and an unrevised definition of what a "national" airline is, lots of airline pilots think they fly for major airlines.

Sunking said:
Go to midex, its the quickest way to wear an AirTran Uniform
Not according to AirTran CEO Joe Leonard. He was asked about that rumor during a Q&A at a recurrent class last month. He said that AirTran was interested, but Midwest wasn't . . . .

Unless they change what they are doing, though, I think it will eventually happen, but by then it will probably be an asset sale.

Chuck Yogourt said:
no, I did not pick up open time, but I didn't blame those that did. .

Chuck,
You just proved to everyone on this board that you are a scumbag. This says a lot about your morals, Mr pro-pilot. Any one who would pick up opentime with pilots on furlough is low life scum, plain and simple. Nothing you can say could EVER justify it.

Last edited:
I don't know what's happening over there, but somebody's yelling "Fire In The Cathouse!" Even the Rampers are hoisting up their Crack Pants and scampering back to the city parks.

Last edited:
FN FAL said:
No, due to inflation and an unrevised definition of what a "national" airline is, lots of airline pilots think they fly for major airlines.

Actually, since the price of tickets has gone down over the last 20 years, not up, inflation doesn't enter into it. You have to carry a lot more pax now to pass $1 Billion than 20 years ago . . .

Maybe instead of "majors", "nationals" and "regionals" we should divide the list into "profitable airlines", "unprofitable airlines" and "bankrupt airlines".

Which one do you work for?

Latest resources

Back