• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest getting new aircrafts????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The cash had nothing to do with day-to-day operations. The intent of the large cash position (20% of annual revenue) is to be able to take advantage of any opportunities that present themselves.

Wall street begs to differ. Why is the market cap LESS than your supposed cash position?

On the contrary, you seem to make it personal. You're mad that your beloved Timmaaaay screwed things up so bad that it got you furloughed, so your emotional response is to take it out on AirTran.

Once again look at the history on this MIDWEST thread. Who brought AAI personally into it? It was a nice conversation until an AAI pilot says this:
But like you said, we will see whether we add flights or reduce flights. Or maybe, we will just come in and wreck your yields during the profitable summer months every year and let you guys stumble through the winter as we redeploy our fleet to the Florida routes.

Only a couple of reporters have indicated that they view it as a bad sign. Most have indicated that the large cash position is a good step forward. We're expecting a small profit in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, even with these outlandish oil prices. We're doing just fine.

I hope you do make a profit and stay business, that's the difference here. You trannies on here gleefully hope for MEH's death.

Last edited:
Wall street begs to differ. Why is the market cap LESS than your supposed cash position?

Markets are rarely efficient in the short term. Ever read "A Random Walk Down Wall Street?" Looking to the markets to determine a company's financial health is a fool's errand. You need to do your own (unbiased) analysis of the balance sheet.

Once again look at the history on this MIDWEST thread. Who brought AAI personally into it? It was a nice conversation until an AAI pilot says this:
[/I][/B]

I don't know who said that, but it was uncalled for.

I hope you do make a profit and stay business, that's the difference here. You trannies on here gleefully hope for MEH's death.

BS. I don't hope for the death of any unionized airline. Very few of our pilots wish any ill on MEH. You're imagining ill will where none exists.

I would never wish for MEH's demise. Please don't lump us all together because of the statements of a few.

I find it very interesting that you guys might get some new aircrafts. Let us all know if any new info comes to light.

These times are waaay too scary to wish anyone anything but good. That Kharma has a way of really biting one in the a@#.

We have also been hearing that Airtran is loosing a lot of money on their new expansion routs from Milwaukee and it didn't turn out like they planned and they will be scaling back on all the loosing routes.

Here is how the thread started. A couple of Airtran guys including myself put their 2 cents into the thread disagreeing. Then came the typical Airtran business plan bashing by the Midwest guys.

When Airtran went into DFW several years ago, we got a very tough response from American Airlines. That is what well run airlines do, protect their home turf. The net result: Airtran reduce their flights in DFW and looked for their next opportunity.

Airtran takes their new airplanes and throws a few on new Atlanta spokes and then takes some others and tests new markets to see what the response is. We have tested MDW, CLT, MSP, and MKE to see what the hometown airlines will do. We have found a weakness in MKE and are working to grab marketshare. Nothing different than SWA is doing in DEN, SFO, and IAD to test Frontier and United, two weak airlines.

I think Midwest Airlines has a unique and great product to offer. However, the airline has been poorly managed for many years begging for someone to come in and go for the knockout punch. Funny, for years it was Northwest trying to provide that punch. Now it just happens to be Airtran looking for a fight, and you guys and Northwest are best friends sharing you hedge fuel.

I would never wish for MEH's demise. Please don't lump us all together because of the statements of a few.

I find it very interesting that you guys might get some new aircrafts. Let us all know if any new info comes to light.

These times are waaay too scary to wish anyone anything but good. That Kharma has a way of really biting one in the a@#.

I think when he refers to Trannies he means the "Dingleberries". Nothing against the AT pilot group as a whole.

We have also been hearing that Airtran is loosing a lot of money on their new expansion routs from Milwaukee and it didn't turn out like they planned and they will be scaling back on all the loosing routes.

Did you Airtran guys hear anything?

You forgot the above highlighted part, was simply asking if you guys hear anything and not bashing you in any way. We are not as emotional as some of the Airtran guys on this forum.

You forgot the above highlighted part, was simply asking if you guys hear anything and not bashing you in any way. We are not as emotional as some of the Airtran guys on this forum.

Nice try. You knew exactly what kind of response you would from your post.

Never mind, doesn't worth it

It's always worth a try.

disclaimer: the next line is a joke people
Trying to get the Trannies to see logic is like trying to get Richard Simmons to do a woman.

Did you Airtran guys hear anything?

This article is less than a month old:

AirTran starts new flights out of Milwaukee

posted by Sara Clarke on May 6, 2008 12:00:39 PM
Discuss This: Comments (0) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
AirTran Airways is beefing up its flight offerings out of Milwaukee, with an announcement today that it has launched additional flights from General Mitchell International Airport.
The flight expansion began Saturday with nonstop service to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport in Washington, D.C., and continues today with the start of nonstop seasonal flights to the Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco, and New York (La Guardia). On May 21, the airline will launch nonstop service to Boston, San Diego, and Las Vegas.

AirTran mentioned its expansion plans in January, when it said it made $52.7 million, or 56 cents a share, for all of 2007. The airline wants to establish the Wisconsin city as a regional base as it builds its presence in the Midwest, and has said it could certainly be a second hub.
Milwaukee also happens to be the chief hub of Midwest Airlines, which AirTran tried unsuccessfully to acquire last year.
With the addition of these new flights, AirTran Airways said it will provide 20 peak day departures to 13 nonstop destinations from Milwaukee.

Latest resources

Back