• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest/Frontier/RAH integration information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A little sample of professionalism from back in August 05 http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=59157:

My question:

Is the FBW on the E170 a "direct law?" Or is it a more advanced law with lots of protections, alpha floor, pitch limits, and the like as the Airbus has?

The answer:

This plane is suppose to be the most advance airplane on the market today.
The airplane is FBW and only has 1 control function that is not completely FBW and that is the Ailerons. The plane has NO gust lock.
It's like the plane has a mind of it own. It really won't let you do anything you're not suppose to do. IE: Stall, put the flaps down on the wrong speed....etc

There is a federal law that states how intergration will be done now !!!! After the USAir debacle.

Can't wait till Republic has to deal with Credit Card companies, Fuel Bills, Reservation centers. How are they going to get their millions of dollars back=OH just charge DL and USAir and United and take their money to run Midwest and Frontier!!!

All the MidEx pilots will be furloughed before any negotiations even start. And with that said, IMHO, there isn't any reason to sit down and even discuss it, on the part of RAH, since they still have pilots on the street.

As I mentioned before, RAH bought a brand.

F*ck the Republic pilots on the street. Most of them flew the line for a month or two. I know for a fact there are a few furloughed pilots from Republic with less than 600 hours total time at this moment. You think they should go in front of a furloughed 20,000 hour former Midwest captain that was making close to $200,000/year? You're a moron.

I love it how the some of the RAH pilots think the F9 acquisition is going to destroy their lives.

Its the f9 pilots who are gonna be on the streets wondering what the hel just happened unless FAPA and the F9 pilot group fight. If f9 pilots can't win, then they should shut Frontier down and then Bedford can f*&k off.

Oh... BTW.. Most of US want a fair integration!

Wow, really?!? The RAH pilots want to be integrated into a mainline seniority list? Say it aint so!

See this is why it is hard to believe those RAH pilots who say "we don't want any part of this." IF that were true, the RAH pilots would want no part of a seniority integration because all it will do is lower the bar once again for all of us no matter who you work for.

So Trogdor if you're a furloughed E190 driver you raised the bar on the industry by working for US for 41 an hour, right? And all you F9 drivers screaming about wet-nosed kids are conveniently ignoring how you all flew E120s and SF-340s for 13K per year and/or PFT'd in the nineties... but it was ok then, right?

First year pay sucks, and has always sucked. In other news, water is wet.

And my 1900 sure destroyed alot of mainline hopes in McCook, Nebraska.

So Trogdor if you're a furloughed E190 driver you raised the bar on the industry by working for US for 41 an hour, right? And all you F9 drivers screaming about wet-nosed kids are conveniently ignoring how you all flew E120s and SF-340s for 13K per year and/or PFT'd in the nineties... but it was ok then, right?

Not exactly.
I came here (F9) from pt135 cargo, flying Sa227, BE1900, and BE99s single pilot in bad wx and into some of the most god-awful spots on the planet. The good news was year 1 I made about 20k and by year 7, I made about 75k, which is still more than I'm making now. No complaints, just pointing out where you're mistaken. That about covers the generalizations.

The point of the situation is this:
I don't know.
YOU don't know.
Neither one of us has much control over the situation right now.
There's no point in arguing how this is going to play out.
Maybe we should save our energy for when we do have an option and act accordingly.
I think that was the point of the original post.

For the record, I've never PFT'd, and I've never flown an airplane with some other company's logo on the tail. So no one could ever accuse me of taking someone's mainline job away from them.

As far as the pay issue is concerned, here is a little comparison for you on the the first year at the Legacy Carriers:

CO: $31
UA: $33
AA: $35
US: $41
DL: $52

First year pay at any place sucks and we all know it, so nice try taking a stab at me for working for the 2nd highest starting wage at the Legacies.

Latest resources

Back