Midwest/Frontier/RAH integration information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK yer 'toopid.

Actually you sound like one of the few sane ones.

So Trogdor if you're a furloughed E190 driver you raised the bar on the industry by working for US for 41 an hour, right? And all you F9 drivers screaming about wet-nosed kids are conveniently ignoring how you all flew E120s and SF-340s for 13K per year and/or PFT'd in the nineties... but it was ok then, right?

--deleted-- not worth it with the crowd in this thread..

Last edited:
So I heard that the Republic Bid was outbid by WN any truth to that?

No, but this might throw a wrench into the works:

Frontier's union victory overturned.

The Denver Post
Posted: 07/22/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

A federal district judge overturned a bankruptcy court decision allowing Frontier Airlines Inc. to reject a contract with unionized machinists represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Robert Drain in New York ruled Oct. 31 that Denver-based Frontier could reject the contract as part of its restructuring in Chapter 11, after the company changed its proposal to make outsourcing aircraft maintenance less likely. On Monday, U.S. District Judge P. Kevin Castel overturned that ruling, saying the discount carrier shouldn't have made changes to its proposal to the union for new contract terms after seeking to reject the contract. He sent the case back to the bankruptcy court.

No, but this might throw a wrench into the works:

Frontier's union victory overturned.

The Denver Post
Posted: 07/22/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

A federal district judge overturned a bankruptcy court decision allowing Frontier Airlines Inc. to reject a contract with unionized machinists represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Robert Drain in New York ruled Oct. 31 that Denver-based Frontier could reject the contract as part of its restructuring in Chapter 11, after the company changed its proposal to make outsourcing aircraft maintenance less likely. On Monday, U.S. District Judge P. Kevin Castel overturned that ruling, saying the discount carrier shouldn't have made changes to its proposal to the union for new contract terms after seeking to reject the contract. He sent the case back to the bankruptcy court.

I love your laissez faire attitude towards an organized group winning what is contractually theirs versus management. If Bedford yells, "Jump!", do you go, "How high?"

I don't have a laissez fair attitude, I have a realistic attitude. Ever hear of a pyrrhic victory? I've been around long enough that I don't drink management kool aid, nor do I drink union kool aid. Personally, I don't trust either one of them because they will both look out for themselves in the end. If Bedford says jump I check to see if its in the contract, and if not I ask him how much extra he's going to pay me to do it. I could care less about Bedford, Republic, or his kool aid. I come to work on time, do my job per company policy, take care of my passengers, and follow the contract, then I go home and forget about it. I do this for a certain amount of compensation in my contract. Doesn't matter to me who runs the show be it Bedford or whoever. My enthusiasm for this industry died long ago. Its a paycheck and nothing else.

The fact remains that if this "victory" causes operational costs to rise to a point that Republic decides to pull out and Frontier cannot find another equity investor, they will liquidate and this "victory" will be short lived.

The fact is the economy is pretty crappy right now, and any job looks pretty good when you have to put food on the table and care for your family.

Ever hear of a pyrrhic victory?

So Bedford is going to scuttle the Deal of the Decade over a $1.75/hr raise for a handful of Denver mechanics? I highly doubt it.

Last edited:
So Bedford is going to scuttle the Deal of the Decade over a $1.75/hr raise for a handful of Denver mechanics? I highly doubt it.

Way I heard it will cost a lot more. We'll see what happens on the 11th.

I don't have a laissez fair attitude, I have a realistic attitude. Ever hear of a pyrrhic victory? I've been around long enough that I don't drink management kool aid, nor do I drink union kool aid. Personally, I don't trust either one of them because they will both look out for themselves in the end. If Bedford says jump I check to see if its in the contract, and if not I ask him how much extra he's going to pay me to do it. I could care less about Bedford, Republic, or his kool aid. I come to work on time, do my job per company policy, take care of my passengers, and follow the contract, then I go home and forget about it. I do this for a certain amount of compensation in my contract. Doesn't matter to me who runs the show be it Bedford or whoever. My enthusiasm for this industry died long ago. Its a paycheck and nothing else.

The fact remains that if this "victory" causes operational costs to rise to a point that Republic decides to pull out and Frontier cannot find another equity investor, they will liquidate and this "victory" will be short lived.

The fact is the economy is pretty crappy right now, and any job looks pretty good when you have to put food on the table and care for your family.

Victory? I never mentioned that. I simply mentioned that they won the right TO WHAT MANAGEMENT HAD AGREED TO in the first place. Management ALWAYS wants its cake and to eat it at the same time, this is the problem with the American Business Model in the early 21st century: take, take, take, take.

A contract is an enforceable deal. Ray Liotta in Goodfellas said it best:

"Got a problem with your wife? F@#$ you, pay me!......"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back