• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

midwest/frontier going to become 1 airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It would be one thing if all parties were employed and there wasn't what looks like a cut off of new positions post June 1. With what we all know of buttford's business plan it looks like if you aren't on the property by the end of May you may be SOL for a long time. Many of the Midwest pilots after the SLI is complete will be senior to pilots flying now but won't be able to take their rightful positions until buttford allows it and we all know he will wait until the very last minute to recall any of the experienced YX pilots.

He has went out of his way to make the Midwest pilots lives hell. He's taken away our promised pass rights. Many of our pilots have had to resign because RAH won't allow us to rollover or take a hardship on our retirements accounts unless we resign. Our pension is still up in the air. We still haven't been able to meet with the company to get any of the basic questions answered. Changing over to your medical plan has been a nightmare. Trying to get anyone in your company to answer the phone or return phone calls is next to impossible. I don't think it's any stretch of the imagination to see that he is doing everything in his power to dwindle the YX pilots numbers as fast as possible. I think he knows that he has a far better chance of pushing through another subpar contract with as many of the Midwest pilots off the list as possible.

Jesus loves you likeitis! :)

Halleleuiah!

It would be one thing if all parties were employed and there wasn't what looks like a cut off of new positions post June 1. With what we all know of buttford's business plan it looks like if you aren't on the property by the end of May you may be SOL for a long time. Many of the Midwest pilots after the SLI is complete will be senior to pilots flying now but won't be able to take their rightful positions until buttford allows it and we all know he will wait until the very last minute to recall any of the experienced YX pilots.

He has went out of his way to make the Midwest pilots lives hell. He's taken away our promised pass rights. Many of our pilots have had to resign because RAH won't allow us to rollover or take a hardship on our retirements accounts unless we resign. Our pension is still up in the air. We still haven't been able to meet with the company to get any of the basic questions answered. Changing over to your medical plan has been a nightmare. Trying to get anyone in your company to answer the phone or return phone calls is next to impossible. I don't think it's any stretch of the imagination to see that he is doing everything in his power to dwindle the YX pilots numbers as fast as possible. I think he knows that he has a far better chance of pushing through another subpar contract with as many of the Midwest pilots off the list as possible.
I'm not surprised that this stuff is happening. But per your post, it's all coming from RAH management, not the pilots. And admittedly, with the confidentiality agreements signed by all parties of the SLI, it's been very difficult to get any good info concerning cut-off dates and the like.

Good luck getting phone calls answered or returned. You have a better shot with email...but only slightly better. This is the stuff we live with on a daily basis, which is why most of us are looking to get in, get our time, and get out.

As for the bold print part (emphasis mine), he probably hopes this is the case but he has another thing coming. Believe me, the native RAH pilot group would love to have as many native YX pilots here as possible, especially when it comes time to turn the screws.

The longer someone has been furloughed, the better the chances that he will find a new job. Bedford is counting on it. The RP MEC knows this too.

I'm not surprised that this stuff is happening. But per your post, it's all coming from RAH management, not the pilots. And admittedly, with the confidentiality agreements signed by all parties of the SLI, it's been very difficult to get any good info concerning cut-off dates and the like.

Good luck getting phone calls answered or returned. You have a better shot with email...but only slightly better. This is the stuff we live with on a daily basis, which is why most of us are looking to get in, get our time, and get out.

As for the bold print part (emphasis mine), he probably hopes this is the case but he has another thing coming. Believe me, the native RAH pilot group would love to have as many native YX pilots here as possible, especially when it comes time to turn the screws.

But it is the pilots dragging their feet. If you would have demanded a expedited timeline of 2-3 months, like our MEC favored, their would be a chance that some Midwest pilots would be able to get into these new planes. But you pushed for a timeframe that conveniently ends after the last aircraft arrives. Under normal circumstance I have no problem with your MEC's actions on the SLI but with people losing their houses, cars, etc, it just is plain immoral. Especially if you are a person who ends up with 1500+ people below you who are flying your companies old routes in aircraft with your companies name on it, while you sit collecting gov't cheese.

Hey RAH IBC, take a look at how Fapa stood firm on opening MKE base. Opening postponed, why? We have a contract. We expect it to be followed.

But it is the pilots dragging their feet. If you would have demanded a expedited timeline of 2-3 months, like our MEC favored, their would be a chance that some Midwest pilots would be able to get into these new planes. But you pushed for a timeframe that conveniently ends after the last aircraft arrives. Under normal circumstance I have no problem with your MEC's actions on the SLI but with people losing their houses, cars, etc, it just is plain immoral. Especially if you are a person who ends up with 1500+ people below you who are flying your companies old routes in aircraft with your companies name on it, while you sit collecting gov't cheese.
So you're upset with the pilots at Lynx, F9 and RAH?

We all wanted this SLI completed as quickly as possible. Our Integration committee told us that the timeline that they posted was agreed to by all parties and this was the best-case timeline. We all wanted it done before May but we were told that this is what was agreed to.

Hey RAH IBC, take a look at how Fapa stood firm on opening MKE base. Opening postponed, why? We have a contract. We expect it to be followed.
Was your contract written gray areas and loopholes by an individual who has been accused of stealing from the IBT and since removed from office? Was your contract written by an individual who has done so much financial damage to the Local 747 that it has been in trusteeship and is now being combined with a different local b/c there is nothing that can be salvaged?

I'm sure the guys that voted for our 2003 contract thought they were getting a fair REGIONAL contract. Turns out, it was incredibly poorly written and not only that, but the company flat-out refuses to honor the spirit of the contract.

Lessons learned, lessons learned.

So you're upset with the pilots at Lynx, F9 and RAH?

We all wanted this SLI completed as quickly as possible. Our Integration committee told us that the timeline that they posted was agreed to by all parties and this was the best-case timeline. We all wanted it done before May but we were told that this is what was agreed to.

Why don't you get it? Agreed to because if the YX MEC didn't agree to it then it would be on hold indefinitely. By your EXCO saying all parties agreed to it is disingenuous at best.

Why don't you get it? Agreed to because if the YX MEC didn't agree to it then it would be on hold indefinitely. By your EXCO saying all parties agreed to it is disingenuous at best.
I'm trying to (still) figure out why you're mad at just the RAH pilots. As best as I can tell, all parties needed to agree to a timeline. Sounds like YX wanted it done faster (understandably) than the other 3 groups. The RAH MEC isn't running this show so I'm not sure why it's all their fault.

Latest resources

Back