Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So like everyone keeps saying to the YX guys, "Why don't you just strike?"

Hint: It's a rhetorical question.
Rhetorical maybe, but I see what you're saying. However, an illegal job action when your company is selling out and tossing you out on the street vs an illegal job action when your company is still solvent are two very different things. Every airline has issues with mgmt, that's why we have the grievance process. The process sucks but it is what it is and there's a time and place for standing your ground rather than going through the time-consuming legal channels. In the case of the YX guys, there really would have been no consequence for an illegal work-stoppage since they were already losing their jobs.

Rhetorical maybe, but I see what you're saying. However, an illegal job action when your company is selling out and tossing you out on the street vs an illegal job action when your company is still solvent are two very different things. Every airline has issues with mgmt, that's why we have the grievance process. The process sucks but it is what it is and there's a time and place for standing your ground rather than going through the time-consuming legal channels. In the case of the YX guys, there really would have been no consequence for an illegal work-stoppage since they were already losing their jobs.
Well...there would be the slight matter of losing 90+ weeks of unemployment. (which comes out to more than RAH FO pay, when tax time comes around)

Well, yeah. That's not surprising at all. How many pilots at ANY company are happy with a 6.5yr old contract? No one here. Oh, and we didn't do ANYTHING in 2003 to impress you. At the time, as was mentioned before, RAH wasn't even a twinkle in CHQ's eye and the 2003 contract was a reflection of that. Who would have thought that we needed a contract to address the issues that we face today? Not you, not me, not anybody.

Not correct. Republic was in the works at that time. They even brought a 170 to Indy to look at. I saw it on the ramp. I saw this coming and voiced myself with the union at the time. I also voted no on the contract and when it passed I resigned my position.

I absolutely agree. Just remember, your beef is with YX mgmt and RAH management, not the pilots.

Oh, and as for the "deferred seat" in the 190's. That's a very sore subject between the pilots and the MEC. We're all pissed about it. I don't know how we can lose the grievance but if there's a way, the IBT will find it.

My beef is with the pilots too. They continue this nonsense and they continue to stall at the SLI talks thus causing the maximum number of MEH pilots to probably be stapled. That has NOTHING to do with YX or RAH mgmt, but rather the IBT idiots who also allowed our payrates to expire, those payrates that pay 50-75% more than what you have.

My beef is with the pilots too. They continue this nonsense and they continue to stall at the SLI talks thus causing the maximum number of MEH pilots to probably be stapled. That has NOTHING to do with YX or RAH mgmt, but rather the IBT idiots who also allowed our payrates to expire, those payrates that pay 50-75% more than what you have.

SLI talks continue as scheduled with all parties participating, including a signed agreement. No stalling that I am aware of.

Talks are proceeding according to the time frame agreed upon by all parties (RAH, Lynx, F9 and YX). What stalling are you referring to?

As far as "causing the maximum number of MEH pilot to probably be stapled" I will disagree. There was a date that was agreed upon that will be used for the purposes of the SLI. I don't remember the date but if you weren't on furlough at the time, then you were active and will be integrated as such.

Lastly, yes we all know that an LCC such as YX has better payrates than a regional. That's how it's always worked. We are in the process of negotiating our first contract now that we are "more than a regional." Get upset if it passes and includes regional rates for all the certificates/aircraft.

Talks are proceeding according to the time frame agreed upon by all parties (RAH, Lynx, F9 and YX). What stalling are you referring to?

As far as "causing the maximum number of MEH pilot to probably be stapled" I will disagree. There was a date that was agreed upon that will be used for the purposes of the SLI. I don't remember the date but if you weren't on furlough at the time, then you were active and will be integrated as such.

How much control of a timeline do think you have if you are the only member in five who doesn't want to stall?

There wasn't any agreed upon date. The arbitrator in the outsourcing grievance stated that 137 pilots would be considered active. Does the SLI arbitrator need to follow this? No. Can the arbitrator use another date if he/she finds manipulation by buttford? Of course.

How much control of a timeline do think you have if you are the only member in five who doesn't want to stall?

There wasn't any agreed upon date. The arbitrator in the outsourcing grievance stated that 137 pilots would be considered active. Does the SLI arbitrator need to follow this? No. Can the arbitrator use another date if he/she finds manipulation by buttford? Of course.
Very little control of the timeline. All parties have to agree to said timeline. I still don't know why your beef is with all the pilots though.

I'm not sure about your outsourcing grievance. What I do know is that our MEC told us with regard to our furloughs that there would be a specific date set to determine who is considered active and who is on furlough for the purposes of integration and that this date would apply across all certificates. Obviously we have called back some of our furloughs but for the purpose of this SLI, they will be considered furloughed.

Very little control of the timeline. All parties have to agree to said timeline. I still don't know why your beef is with all the pilots though.

It would be one thing if all parties were employed and there wasn't what looks like a cut off of new positions post June 1. With what we all know of buttford's business plan it looks like if you aren't on the property by the end of May you may be SOL for a long time. Many of the Midwest pilots after the SLI is complete will be senior to pilots flying now but won't be able to take their rightful positions until buttford allows it and we all know he will wait until the very last minute to recall any of the experienced YX pilots.

He has went out of his way to make the Midwest pilots lives hell. He's taken away our promised pass rights. Many of our pilots have had to resign because RAH won't allow us to rollover or take a hardship on our retirements accounts unless we resign. Our pension is still up in the air. We still haven't been able to meet with the company to get any of the basic questions answered. Changing over to your medical plan has been a nightmare. Trying to get anyone in your company to answer the phone or return phone calls is next to impossible. I don't think it's any stretch of the imagination to see that he is doing everything in his power to dwindle the YX pilots numbers as fast as possible. I think he knows that he has a far better chance of pushing through another subpar contract with as many of the Midwest pilots off the list as possible.

Latest resources

Back