midwest connect info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No matter what... this rule never fails:

Pilots will say whatever makes them feel best. They will say things to make them feel warm and fuzzy inside. Skyway people will say that DAL is coming and things will be great, upgrade will be fast. Eagle people say things are finally moving and upgrade is down to 2 years (yes my friend at Eagle told me he will upgrade in the 145 in 2 years... he hasn't even passed IOE yet).

Every now and then I talk to a friend who tells the truth: the regionals suck. Boy that is refreshing!!!

People will say things to make them feel good. What actually happens is a totally different story.

UPGRADE IN 2 YEARS AT EAGLE? WTF?!?
Please Pass the Bong-Water, as I've already been there for 3.5 months. I oughtta be being asked to captain the Saab!

Well the 2 people that left SYX last month we hired this year one went to XJT b/c he lived in one of the bases and the other went to MI to fly corp. There are some people saying the writing is on the wall about more furloughs. We will just have to wait and see. If they are going to furlough I would hope it to be sooner then later.

Props

You said it best...

You're missing the point a little bit - you guys said it though - overstaffed by a million. Is Delta paying for the Beech 1900 training also? If so, I apologize - that's news to me. I don't understand why they'd do that though.

It costs money to interview, hire, and (gasp) pay people during training...which SYX is to be commended for doing. Do they pay for your hotel during training? I'm asking honestly - I don't know -- if they do, well, there's even more cost right there.

I'm saying that management would care if people up and leave because that's money that they've invested that they really don't see any type of return -- if people are on-line and then furloughed, and subsequently bail and go somewhere else (XJet, wherever), then when that person gets recalled they have to train someone totally new instead of giving them a PC and back on reserve. This also applies to people who have been at SYX less than a year. Does mgmt. have an interest in keeping people there? I would think so - you might say who cares, let them go, go to a better place or whatever - and that's true. It is expensive though? Yeah - it is, whether you agree or not.

That's all I'm saying. Good luck to you all!

-brew3

Delta was paying for all training. Upgrades and new hires on the beech and jet. People were going to jet from the beech and they were having to replace them. They did not pay for the hotel during training but we were getting the regular 75 hrs a month pay. Rumor has it that Delta did not want to pay for training anymore and that is why they furloughed the class of 20. That is just a rumor but who knows. It has yet to be said the real reason. I know there are a few Capts. waiting for class at Jetblue and Airtran. One just went back to Delta but he is still on the list at SYX. For how long who knows.

Props

Why would Delta pay for anything prior to a contract being signed? Obviously, a contract has not been signed yet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back