Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Freightdog75

Don't hassle the Hoff
Anybody know the best way to send in resume to Skyway(Midwest Connect)? Online......fax....snail mail......e-mail? Just looking for a finger in the right direction.

Thanks, FD75

Got a friend that works there. think the best way is to fax it in. Heard it will be an allright place if the Delta deal goes through. If not..who knows.

Have someone walk it in.

I have a fellow co-worker who had his resume walked in and he did the interview and got dumped into the pool. I talked to him two days ago and he told me that Skyway started a class then had to cancel it due to what ever reasons. So those guys and girls are furloughed. From what I understand is that there are a lot of peeps in the pool and unless you REALLY REALLY GEE GOLLY HAVE to go to Skyway, doing an online app with COex or someone else will be a better bet.

Just putting in my two cents.

Stephanie Miller is the HR contact. Call her and ask what is "best" way to forward your info. Main number is 414-570-2300.

We just furloughed a class of 20 for the Beech because the Delta deal was pushed back. If we get the flying, we'll be hiring like crazy. If not...

Hey Flyrunner, nothing personal but unless you work here, don't bash us. Skyway has good people working here. We're trying to grow but, this time, it's in Delta's hand.

:D

Last edited:
Anyone else know why the class was canceled? Thank you all for the info.

FD75

I would concider someone saying that a class just got furloughed and there are lots of others in the pool so perhaps you should appy to an airline that is hiring and giving class dates good advice....not bashing.........we all know you have a good pilot group over there that has put up with alot of sh*t........easy there killer. AD

Reason

Furloughs because of Delta being pushed back. The parade is not canceled, just in a rain delay. Estimated "EFC" is 3 months.

Keep on keepin on. I am still feeling good about it. DO and CP are still saying this is a delay and not a cancellation. I trust their publicly made comments. They wouldnt blow smoke on this.

GP

Blowing smoke...

I hate to burst the bubble...and please, do not take this as an attack on any of the SYX pilots -- but greenpickle, give me a break. They are going to SAY whatever will KEEP people there - and not looking elsewhere! End of story. If management thinks that saying this or that will prevent people from leaving and thus incurring more training costs (etc etc), then that's exactly what they will say.

With that said, I hope you're right - I hope it is just a "rain delay." I've heard it ALL before, and more than once. I wouldn't be quite so quick to (bad cliche coming here) "drink the kool-aid."

Take care,
-brew3

brew3departure said:
They are going to SAY whatever will KEEP people there - and not looking elsewhere!

Greenpickle is right. We are over staffed by about a million pilots right now. We hear Delta's been paying for training. If those two things are the case, why would our management care if people left or not? It's not like we'll be understaffed by tomorrow. They probably don't want people to bail and end up at the bottom flying for someone else, and then getting furloughed. I don't think leaving ANY regional for another right now is a bright move. Well, I actually never have thought it was a bright move, but we all want to STAY at first year PAY, right?

BTW- Not a rain delay, right turns, 200 mile legs, speed your discretion.

Bail and go where? comair with at least 5 yrs to upgrade.... Xjet where upgrade is going to take forever. eagle, where american just cancelled an order of ERJs they were hoping for. Jetblue,southwest and airtran are just waiting for p:ssed off people from skyway. Company is not bad at all. everybody in this industry knows what he is getting into. don't tell me you did not know that the pay is "weak" at the regionals. now, where alot of regionals are getting better contracts(Xjet, eagle) pilots are staying and there will be no movement at all.

Latest resources

Back