• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I ran into a former syx guy at my company and he said that the newhires at medex had been furloughed. Any truth to this?

NOT TRUE. All these rumors are crap.4 new hires in OCT/05 and 6 more in NOV/05, then more in 2006.The new marketing chief seems pretty good and I just love it when people know more about this airline( and do not work there) , than the employees, not to mention they know how to run an airline.pilots that go to Midex (not medex....) mostly live in MKE and do not want to commute or move. so what is a 8 yr. upgrade? They stay until retirement, and the current contract is a concessionary contract that hopefully will improve.As to Midwest Airlines finacial situation they just switched from NYSE to AMEX.The reason for being accepted is the following.

"The panel also said that mitigating factors warrant listing Midwest Air Group under the Alternative Listing Standards. Specifically, the panel noted:

-- Midwest Air Group's long, profitable history of operation prior to the last few years due to impact of historically high fuel price prices and other cost pressures on the airline industry; -- Midwest Air Group's relatively strong balance sheet for its industry, including its current cash balance; and -- The fact that Midwest Air Group significantly exceeded certain of the initial listing standards -- including stockholders equity, market value of public float and distribution."

Ty Webb said:
It actually could be 117 seats. As to what they are doing . . . . well, I would call it "pursuing a failed business model to the bitter end".

You mean that is worse than hiring scabs? Stick to what you know best little boy. You are a Midwest Reject and you can't get over that. Stay with your scabs and enjoy flying for the company once known as Value Jet. Freaking "Critter".

Hey Yoplay

You better take a good look at the MedEx pilot list. Oooh. got a few scabs on it too don't ya!!!!!

Chuck Yogourt said:
You mean that is worse than hiring scabs? Stick to what you know best little boy. You are a Midwest Reject and you can't get over that. Stay with your scabs and enjoy flying for the company once known as Value Jet. Freaking "Critter".

Chuckles . . . you must have the most severe case of E.D. since Bob Dole. Get some meds.

I do enjoy flying for AirTran . . . very much. What's not to like? New planes, great people, decent pay. Expanding, growing, and with $350 mil cash on hand, we're doing OK. We're hiring like crazy, which means we have guys making Captain in 2.5 years . . .

I know it would be a real departure from your usual pathological bitching, whining and crying jags, but why don;t you try to tell us what you like about flying for Midex, other than the fact that they haven't canned you yet?

C'mon, Chuckie . . . tell us . . . we're all waiting.

Between the two of you, neither of you can come up with anything that makes Midex a good place to work . . .

Man, that must be a fun cockpit . . . . ! What's your motto? "We're not happy until you're not happy?" . . . pretty tough way to go through life, Sporto.

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Between the two of you, neither of you can come up with anything that makes Midex a good place to work . . .

Man, that must be a fun cockpit . . . . ! What's your motto? "We're not happy until you're not happy?" . . . pretty tough way to go through life, Sporto.

For those of us living in MKE, Midwest/Skyway is a good place to work - no commute and a small company environment where we aren't just a "number". Every airline has their problems, AirTran and Midwest included. Ty, with all due respect, you're old enough to appreciate that sentiment and to even know better. AirTran isn't any better than Midwest or vice-versa. We each service our own market niche.

I don't know if decisions made in the Cookie Palace are correct and it's way above my paygrade. I can't do anything about questionable decisions made by management. What I can do is come to work, do my job to the best of my abilities, get along with my crew, operate the plane in accordance to company policies/procedures, try not bending anything, treat passengers as best as possible, collect my paycheck, and then go home.

Ty, again with all due respect, you appear to have a grudge against Midwest for reasons I'm confident you feel are justified. How about you worry about what occurs at AirTran and those of us in the Midwest Group will worry about our company?

Be a professional and wish us the best because my fellow compadres and I are wishing the same for YOU and your compadres.

HMM

HowlinMadMurdoc said:
Be a professional and wish us the best because my fellow compadres and I are wishing the same for YOU and your compadres.

HMM

Well, judging by the posts made by Chuck Yougurt, not all your compadres feel that way. Hardly a week goes by that he's not on this board saying something nasty about AirTran, or about me (or at least my screen personna).

Here's a little sample:

KC and VALUE JET. What comparison is this GAY BOY? Shut the hell up and get a life. The question of this thread is, Would you work for Midwest? If it comes down between KC and Value Jet, I'd take KC any day. MORON. Now get back to class.

And here's another one:
make no bones about it. I hate NWA and love the strife going on there. What goes around comes around. Get ready to replay Eastern Airlines.

Personally, I don't care what happens to Midex, as long as we don't end up on the same seniority list. I do think that if Chuckie Boy is really on your seniority list that you guys ought to hold him down and give him a freaking laxative, because Gramps is apparently "not regular" enough, and it's making him cranky enough to make a spectacle of himself.

Last edited:
bluejuice787 said:
Does anyone know where I can find info for an interview with Midwest Airlines? I tried Airline Pilot central but did not find any interview info (what to expect in the interview). I have a friend that says he has an interview there next week.

Thanks

Here we go again! Another Midwest post hijacked by TY and Chuckles, can't you to lovers just kiss and make up already?

Blue Juices to answer your question, there was one post just recently added to www.aviationinterviews.com

There might be some Skyway guys and gals that may be willing to PM you with more details? Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back