Midwest Airlines Hiring Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

brewmster

I see that Midwest has resumed hiring. Just curious if anybody had any information on the situation at Midwest. How many are they hiring? Are they hiring for growth or attrition? Are there any more 717s to be delivered? Is Midwest going to be around in a few years? How is QOL at Midwest? Reserve?

I am a native Wisconsinite and would love to move back to South Western WI. Any info one might have would be appreciated.

You'd have to want it pretty bad, naive Wisconsinite.

The hiring is due to attrition, no plans for more planes and QOL/reserve is like any airline (but c'mon you'll be on a bowling league with a gal who redefines cheese curds).

Midwest will definitely be around in a few years, but they'll change their name to Skyways.

crashpad said:
You'd have to want it pretty bad, naive Wisconsinite.

The hiring is due to attrition, no plans for more planes and QOL/reserve is like any airline (but c'mon you'll be on a bowling league with a gal who redefines cheese curds).

Midwest will definitely be around in a few years, but they'll change their name to Skyways.

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about. YX is getting more 717's, hence the hiring. And Skyways? Isn't that some cargo hauler? Get it right, it's Skyway, or is it Midwest Connect, or Astral Aviation, or Delta Connect Wanna-be? I can't keep up with all these name changes.

Stop slinging mud!

Can anyone answer the questions asked in this thread? The Midex website doesn't talk about much, however, there is to be a big news conference on the 25th in KC regarding growth. Any inside poop?

I was only saying what a YX pilot told me two days ago on the bus.
...except for the Skyway/Superior part....oh, and the girls with curds, but that's a given in the land of milk and moolies.

Brewmster,

The first batch of new hires was all Skyway. I think they hired about 20 of them with a few in class right now (Md-80). 717 new hires starting at the end of the month. Recalls are over, you either came back or resigned and your decision was forced within the last few months. Still a few Skyway newbies in the pool for fall/winter classes. I haven't heard when hiring will start for pilots outside of Skyway. I'm guessing this Fall an application window will open.
QOL on reserve: If you are local, it's probably pretty good. I'm a commuter so it sucks right now. There is a big difference right now between 80 and 717 reserve pilots. The 717 pilots are flying close to 75 hr min guarantee and often exceeding it with J.A. time tacked on. So they're making some bucks but they're workin their tails off. 80 pilots not used as much, I usually end the month with about 40 - 50 hrs credit on reserve.

A buddy of mine is furloughed twice from Midwest, I think he said he gave up his seniority number and wont be going back.

I would say that once Northwest Airlines turns the corner and gets things where it thinks it needs to be, they are going to be coming back for blood... IMHO. NWA and Midwest compete in the same market.

FN FAL said:
A buddy of mine is furloughed twice from Midwest, I think he said he gave up his seniority number and wont be going back.

I would say that once Northwest Airlines turns the corner and gets things where it thinks it needs to be, they are going to be coming back for blood... IMHO. NWA and Midwest compete in the same market.

IMHO this scenario is 2 years away. An equally likely scenario is a merged Midwest/Airtran company providing exit financing to NWA or just an outright takeover/merger of NWA in 2 years time.

Wisconsinites like Midex a lot, so NW would have a tough fight on their hands. Air Tran and YX are so far apart in every respect, a merger would be pure fantasy. More likely would be Southwest, Frontier or Alsaska.

Latest resources

Back