• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest 50%??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are the 717 and MD-90 similarities great enough for Flight Op's/MX flexibility? The airframes could be heading to NWA/DAL to replace DC-9's per TPG/NWA.

If so, this will be blamed solely on soaring energy prices and intractable labor groups. Wisconsin will lose many jobs and a great ride while "realizing synergies".

Are the 717 and MD-90 similarities great enough for Flight Op's/MX flexibility? The airframes could be heading to NWA/DAL to replace DC-9's per TPG/NWA.

If so, this will be blamed solely on soaring energy prices and intractable labor groups. Wisconsin will lose many jobs and a great ride while "realizing synergies".

No. FAA made TWA fly different crews. They made us fly different crews. They will make NWA/DAL fly different crews. Besides DAL's MD-90's are not the "real" MD-90 they designed (it looks exactly like a 717), DAL wanted "synergies" with their 88's (so they look like an 88).

As far as suitability on route coverage, the 717's could easily match a lot of the east coast MD/DC9 flying NWA/DAL does. SLC would be another story....

Last edited:
No. FAA made TWA fly different crews. They made us fly different crews. They will make NWA/DAL fly different crews. Besides DAL's MD-90's are not the "real" MD-90 they designed (it looks exactly like a 717), DAL wanted "synergies" with their 88's (so they look like an 88).

As far as suitability on route coverage, the 717's could easily match a lot of the east coast MD/DC9 flying NWA/DAL does. SLC would be another story....

I appreciate the information, and will stand corrected.

They want midwest pilots to work for 50% of what they make now? Unemployment will pay more than that.

They want midwest pilots to work for 50% of what they make now? Unemployment will pay more than that.

Not even close. You have obviously never been on unemployment before. It's likely none of them will qualify for foodstamps while on furlough either due to their gross earnings per quarter over the last 4 quarters.

Lets see...if you are a Capt now and become a FO with the furlough....and you give up 50% of your FO pay.....that sounds like a 75% pay cut....

That is correct, some capt's are making $140-150 now, they will be down graded and make a max $37.01.

Fair and equitable, yeah right, I say shut it down, FULL PAY TO THE LAST DAY.

I will be happy to vote on shutting Midwest down than taking this BS.

No way this is going to pass. Jay already said its unacceptable. TH tried to pull a fast one at the beginning of the year, he said TPG agreed to purchase us only if the pilots take a pay cut, now he's trying again.

I say we counter with a pay and benefit increase. Full pay to the last day.

I'm sorry but I would hope even newspaper reporters ain't that dumb to see one is a drop in the bucket compared to the other.

We'll see. Daykin from the Journal is more pro-labor. There's another guy whose name escapes me that goes the 'other way'. He's the one that flew the BS about the EAS stuff awhile back. The crap about the fines and whatnot. If you see articles by this other guy, it's generated by Midwest.

Lets see...if you are a Capt now and become a FO with the furlough....and you give up 50% of your FO pay.....that sounds like a 75% pay cut....

I figured 70 percent, but I really won't argue with you. Downgrading to another paycut is insult to injury. What a mess.

Latest resources

Back