Midway USAIR??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surplus1,

I, for one applaud your drive and determination to protest the "representation" which ALPA affords us. To those of you who can only work up a half-hearted"give it a break, or have a twinkie", I suggest you spend your time on something more worthwhile, such as your GED.

Re: Surplus 1

Smoking Man said:
The reason that you see two different points of view from me is. What I believe in and what is given to me are two different things. What I worked for, and what is are different, I am still working for my point of view, but living with the reality of what is (and trying to make it better for us at PSA).

You are a sharp cookie,

Regards

Smoking Man

Believe me, I understand that you have been handed a very bad situation. I also understand that you have been coerced into accepting it with little control. Based on what you've written elsewhere, I got an idea of how you feel about it.

While you do have to live with reality, I'm sure you can tell from what I write, here and elsewhere, that I fight for my rights.

I'm not "against" any pilot, regional or major. I understand the plight of the U pilots, deeply regret what is happening to them, and want them to find ways to improve their situation. I don't have any ill feelings towards U pilots.

What I object to is the behavior of the labor union and the UMEC. Drastic things did have to be done and the concessions made by the U pilots were probably necessary under the circumstances. What was NOT necessary, IMO, is the union's helping one group of pilots at the expense of another group of pilots who are also members of that union.

I firmly believe there were ways to address the problem without trampling on the rights of one group while playing favorites with the other. That is what the union has done, and that action should be resisted by all legal means. It is wrong and there's no two ways about it.

I'm probably just a voice crying in the wilderness but all change originates with one voice. I may fail miserably but I won''t just quit, grin and bear it. You guys are being raped and remaining silent just makes it possible for the culprit to do it again.

I wish you all the very best.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back