• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midway guys in training at Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't disagree with your' assesments, but I personally hope they keep buying new ones. Who knows what's happening with Midway's planes. They probably still own them, and are perhaps hoping to use them again? They are flying again, aren't they? Maybe the other ones you say you see on Bombardiar's ramp are going to other operators. We have slots in line, but not all of them, I'm afraid. Now, if someone else who was going to buy a bunch went out of business...then they would have more to sell I'm sure.

skydiverdriver said:
I don't disagree with your' assesments, but I personally hope they keep buying new ones. Who knows what's happening with Midway's planes. They probably still own them, and are perhaps hoping to use them again? They are flying again, aren't they? Maybe the other ones you say you see on Bombardiar's ramp are going to other operators. We have slots in line, but not all of them, I'm afraid. Now, if someone else who was going to buy a bunch went out of business...then they would have more to sell I'm sure.

MIDWAY only owned 5 of the 24 RJ's that were taken delivery of with the rest being leased. MIDWAY is attempting to survive as a 737 operator only, those RJ's in CKB will not fly for MIDWAY again. One of my classmates that has gone to FLEXJET told me that on a trip to CKB, he had actually gone over to take some photos and in talking to some of the BOMBARDIER folks was informed that one of the airplanes had already gone out the door to ACA in UNITED colors. The only difference between the COMAIR and MIDWAY airplanes mechanically is that all of the MIDWAY airplanes were equipped with the 3B1 engines instead of the 3A1's. Other than that, they are equipped pretty much the same. At least I have noticed no glaring differences between the two other than paint and interior. When the axe fell for me in August, the high time airplane at that time had a little over 6000TT with the newest just a little over 1000TT. I am quite surprised that the leased airplanes have not yet been placed with other carriers.

Okay, so perhaps they are allready sold. Who knows. We have the 3b engines on our new 40 seaters, so we have the numbers and ops manual changes to handle them. So, perhaps our company likes new planes.

Latest resources

Back