Midway guys in training at Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJFlyer

Just wondering how many (an educated guess is good enough) Ex-Midway plts. are still in training or have yet to be trained at Comair.

The reason I ask is I'm not sure what the recent delay in classes is attributed to: Getting the Midway guys done...or a lack of production from Bombardier? I've heard one or the other...

I'm peein my pants to get to Comair so I'm full of questions:)

I just interviewd with Comair last week, they said during the company briefing that the factory is not producing the planes fast enough for Comair, Comair will be getting 36 jets this year alone and planing to hire another 400 pilots for the year, I would say the delay due to both the delay in aircraft delivery and the many guys in training (they had a class starting every wed. for almost 2 month)
But again everything can change overnight, its the airline business ..remember
Hope that helps, good luck to you.

Appreciate it.. its good to hear it from somebody that heard it direct from management...As long as those jets keep comin i'll be a happy camper..A delay is ok as long as theres still hope..(Unlike my class date at TSA)

How did your interview go? Good Luck with it. I was impressed with the company above any other I've seen..

you only have 1200 hours, therfore you should be flying frieght. Oh well that is why you make nothing at CoN AIR. Feel lucky they gave you a job cause they sure would not in todays times. Enjoy the Mcdonalds and red roof inns. Then again your 1000 hours is above that. Really I wish you the best.

I'm one of the ex-Midway guys so here goes. Classes are being delayed due to Bombardier making more Seadoos for the summer crowd than CRJs. We heard it should pick back up again in May. I started in the February 6th class and only 6 were ex-Midway out of the 22. There have been very few Midway guys in each class since December. With that said we will be done with training on April 12th, then it's bounces, observation flights and IOE. About 3 months from start to finish to become a reserve puke. I Hope it picks back up soon. I need about another 30 to get off reserve.:D

Say again??

rufus said:
you only have 1200 hours, therfore you should be flying frieght. Oh well that is why you make nothing at CoN AIR. Feel lucky they gave you a job cause they sure would not in todays times. Enjoy the Mcdonalds and red roof inns. Then again your 1000 hours is above that. Really I wish you the best.

Huh? Was he speaking jive, or am I just having a hard time with my reading comprehension today?

ignore the trash

Yet again I'll tell all of you to ignore the CRAP coming from Rufus, he is an ex-Comair pilot who saw fit to tell us what to do during the strike and then when the heat got a little too high, he and his dog ran off in the sunset.

Now he feels it is his inalieable right to trash the people who currently work there or want to work there. Armchairing at it's finest-- should tell you the worth of the comments when it comes from trash like that.

I don't know why Bombardier layed off so many workers. Didn't they know that 9/11 would actually INCREASE the need for their CRJ's? Oh well, go figure.

Whats really going on ?

Whats really going on at Comair ? There are 100's of CRJs parked on Bombardiers ramp, can't they have a few of those ?
Midway has at least 30 parked in Clarksburg they gave back on lease, can't they have a few of those ?
Something else is going on, scoped from a different angle.

9rj9,

I think you have an astute observation there.

Many CL-65s sit unused in many places. My previous carrier had no qualms about purchasing airplanes from cash-strapped competitors at fire sale prices. Midway certainly qualifies as cash-strapped.

The Midway airplanes sitting in CKB (and elsewhere) probably are not equipped the way Comair wants to equip their's. It does cost some money to refurbish such airplanes.

Since DCI/Comair does not appear willing to spend the money toward that end, I believe you're correct...something else is going on. At the same time, I have no doubt the layoffs by Bombardier are a significant factor in this situation.

Fly safe!

Latest resources

Back