Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

climbhappy

ex pat
yesterday, a very informed source close to the company , told me that midway airlines is operating.... he went on to say that they curently have two rjs online....one is running routes for piedmont( henson as he put it) and the other for mainline us air....

further, that they are getting two to three a month for the rest of the year....18 total, options for more.....

a new hire class had 18 us air mainline guys in it. started yesterday....J4J

And said that the one of current regionals who didn't sign on for the J4J was getting going to be let go..... Those were words.

Now, this topic begs some question and answers... first of all , is it true? none of the print ( which of course isn't always on the cutting edge) was close. they were still echoing midway's need to get us air to gaurtantee the lease deposits for 7 million.

Question: Which regional is getting the ax or its contract terminated?

Question? J4J is a reality, what does it mean for the Wo's and the likely restructuring of the fleet at mainline. MidAtlantic, although not operating is a bank loan away. Aviation Int'l News said that it would likely be a new division of US Air, not a subsidairy.

Question?Is the real storm ahead for regionals guys like me, when these two emerge from bankruptsy( Us air and united)?

It is a reality

Midway is a reality. It is serving between RDU and DCA taking PDT -8's off the routes. The Midway deal is a product of the USAirways restructuring and is very bad for the WO's. I wouldn't be expecting to be around for to much longer. No jets will be bought for the WO's till emergance from bankrupcy. And they won't take them out till they get agreements from all working groups. In PDT's case, because its the only one I know first hand, the have structured the agreements so the flight attendents will never ratify. Asking for 20% pay cuts and work rule sacrafices. That was they can justify never emerging us, never get us jets, phase us out and replace us with companys that pay there pilots nothing and rape them with insane work rules.

The worst part is is ALPO is actively negotiating it all like its some great godsend victory for the Mainline. Give ALPA jobs to other ALPA pilots. Why am I paying dues again? I could lose my job on my own, I don't need there help...

Just curious, are these planes flying the old Midway colors or USAir Express colors?

US Airways Express colors

Although I don't live in one of their currently-served cities, I've heard from multiple colleagues that the JI CRJs are in fact in US Airways Express black/red/white/gray colors.

to dash driver....

Is there truth to the rumor or have you heard that Piedmont will be losing some flying down in florida to another codeshare partner such as shuttle america or colgan air?

Secondly, what can your pilot group do as the Alpa bylaws allow to voice dissent or secede from the union and start representing yourself to the bankruptsy trustee and argue for autonomy ...is there any leverage at all?

climbhappy....

I am not sure if you are aware of this but, Piedmont has already lost all the flying in Flordia to Mesa. MIA is a DHC-8 crew base now (Flying under US Airways colors). Is the rumor that Shuttle or Colgan will be doing some of that. I thought they were primarly NE drivers. Hope this helps.

My question, as a former Midway pilot, is when USAirways begins to recall, will they recall Midway pilots first. With Midway recalling now they are recalling USAir pilots first. I just want to know if the UsAir guys thinks this if fair or not.

Pacemaker, All of my friends that worked at Midway got recall letters last week. They have all moved on to bigger and better things and chose the one year deferral option. (just in case). If you didn't get one I would give them a call. -Bean

Latest resources

Back