• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MidEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's just fourth hand intel that I'm getting. A buddy called me up who has a good friend on the line there. Said word in ops is out for upwards of a thousand hours cut in flying at the new year and maybe up to 30 pilots getting wacked. Anyone on here in 'in the know'?

It's just fourth hand intel that I'm getting. A buddy called me up who has a good friend on the line there. Said word in ops is out for upwards of a thousand hours cut in flying at the new year and maybe up to 30 pilots getting wacked. Anyone on here in 'in the know'?

that's the rumor now in print from the chief pilot.

In two hours today I've heard 70, 15, and now 30. Horrible news regardless of the number, but I guess the bottom line is there will be furloughs.

I'm very sorry to hear this guys. I hope it doesn't come true.

any chance of the DOJ striking down the TPG/NWA deal?

In two hours today I've heard 70, 15, and now 30. Horrible news regardless of the number, but I guess the bottom line is there will be furloughs.

they're expecting 25 in attrition and retirements this year so 15 and 30 makes no sense, but then again furloughing and reducing the flying schedule makes no sense....

this could all be sabre rattling also as an opener for 2008 negotiations.

if they are reducing i imagine it is the 80's that will be reduced and then a lot of 80's guys transitioning to the 717.

I'm very sorry to hear this guys. I hope it doesn't come true.

any chance of the DOJ striking down the TPG/NWA deal?

i think the uncertainty of the TPG deal being completed is possibly driving this. i doubt the DOJ will strike the deal down, however if it is approved and this (furloughs and reduced flying) happens, the company will have egg all over it's face and lose a lot of credibility in lieu of what they said during the air tran takeover attempt.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back