• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Middle East carriers order $150B in 777X's emirates cancels A350 order

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Norwegian is planning to fly 737-800 MAX transatlantic on thinner routes between Europe and the US. I know Privatair has been flying 737s for years across the Atlantic. That 737 can't be too comfy up front after 5-6 hours. I know I have a 2 hour a$$ in my narrow ERJ. LOL!

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen the 777 move the yoke more than 2 units at any point, much less in the cruise. Hater's gonna hate!!!

box

Really?

Exactly how big are your balls, that you have to worry about them being "slammed by the yoke" during 5 hours of cruise at altitude? Or maybe it's your huge gut you're thinking of, from all those delicious crew meals you've named yourself after, not to mention all of General Lee's ice cream sundaes. :)

Are you sure you've ever flown in a 737? The yoke's movement at cruise is essentially imperceptible, unless you stare at it and catch it moving a millimeter or so.

Not to add to the Boeing vs Airbus mudslinging contest, but my take is that they just have different philosophies on how to do things. To each his or her own.

Bubba

Yes, I have flown the 737 and my BMI is 23 (not great, but not obese). My point is the "nexgen" 737 sucks on long legs. The cockpit is small, loud and crude compared to a A320. I guess I'm not a real pilot because I'm comfort oriented at this stage in my career (over 40). I think having to set the field elevation at the destination airport manually in a "NEW" aircraft is dumb. The "max" will have a "digital representation of the trailing edge flap position"... be still my heart. This is what the A320 series had when it came out....in 1988! I will say that if I accidentally penetrated a Tstorm, I would rather do it in a 737. It's crude, but it's a tank!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back