• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Middle East Booming: Emirates to Hire 4,500 More Staff Starting April

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My social circle? Aside from other Americans, let's see... Lebanese, French, Brits, Aussies, Spanish, Brazilian, Bulgarian, Moroccan, Emirati, Ukrainian, Russian... just a few that come to mind.
Hey, I know I'm not there anymore (sadly) but you forgot about me. :)

As someone who knows FD I can assure any doubters that he is not trying to paint an untrue rosy picture of how life in Dubai can be. His posts in this thread are pretty much spot on. Granted, he does work for one of the better operators over there and there are definitely operators in the UAE/ME who do not meet up to those same standards. But hey, it's the same all over the world. Some a great, some are not.

I miss my life over there and hope to one day be able to return. For some people that is very hard to grasp, but then do yourself and those who enjoy living there a favor. Don't go there, or if you are already there, go back home to whatever country you came from.

Sorry man I'm not bitter and far from ignorant. I see the place for what it is, an emirate being built on slave labor that treats women as second class citizens. Don't use the mall and the beach as an example of where a woman can go and not have to cover up, they are the exception and not the norm.

Are you talking about Saudi Arabia, or UAE?

My wife has never covered up in UAE. Even outside a compound.

:confused:

Plenty of folks on the PPRuNe boards griping about Emirates, Qatar, et al. The Etihad CEO is well known for his attempts at "controlling the message", which is a phrase that translates to English as "he's kind of a prick".

Plenty of folks on the PPRuNe boards griping about Emirates, Qatar, et al. The Etihad CEO is well known for his attempts at "controlling the message", which is a phrase that translates to English as "he's kind of a prick".

If you read the message boards RE Etihad you would see why, people were being named and slandered on a public forum, totally unacceptable!!!!

Latest resources

Back