MidAtlantic/WEX/CHQ/REP/SA update from the U side

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rptrain said:
I wonder where CHQ would be today if not for the expense of many other pilot groups.

Please, tell me what pilot groups were affected by CHQ? Let me guess you must work for a wholly owned.

I don't think that there is any question that CHQ's growth has been at the expense of other outfits, and there is nothing wrong with that - they deliver a good product at a competitive price. Unfortunate for other companies and their employees, but that's life.

It is a little bit unsettling, however, the way some of their pilots (I have to believe that they are not representative of the entire pilot group) kick and scream like little girls whenever a seniority issue comes up (Shuttle, now MidAtlantic). Be grateful for your phenomenal growth and recognize that while your hard work as a pilot oils the machine's cogs a little bit, you individually have little to do with your good fortune.

Bottom line CHQ's growth has not come at the expence of any other pilots jobs any more or less than any other regional out there. Wholly owned included. ALG and PDT are victims of bad management, not CHQ.

generaltso said:
Easy to say for you, on the outside looking in. I don't give a got-dang what you say, when it boils down to it, pilots are going to try to protect their seniority because it dictates our pay, and our quality of life. It doesn't matter who you are or what airline you fly for. I would like see your company deal with seniority integration. What are you going to say? "Bring them in on top of me with their DOH, because that would be fair for them... and my kids college education can wait, and I am sure we can wait to buy that bigger house."

Did you fail the interview or sim training?

Aaaaah, NO! Dont flatter yourself! I would never lower myself, or would I ever be so desperate! My comment is respnse to how predictably greedy you CHQ pilots are. Not only will you accept substandard contracts to attract growth at the expense of other pilots, you make the comments like you have posted under the banner of this thread! Like, screw MDA pilots! If we buy them, they should all go below me! The universe revolves around you, huh. The pilot groups from U, PDT, and ALG havent been through enough to get boned again, huh?????

jaybird said:
Bottom line CHQ's growth has not come at the expence of any other pilots jobs any more or less than any other regional out there. Wholly owned included. ALG and PDT are victims of bad management, not CHQ.

WHATEVER!!!!

Everyone,

The MDA aircraft will go to Shuttle America if this deal is completed. Due to the scope issues, Republic would have the 70 seat 170's for the Delta system. The MDA aircraft are 72 seats, since Shuttle does not have scope issues they would take these aircraft under the Airways banner. The 190's would also come to Shuttle. Shuttle has already placed 1 170 on their certificate and are rapidly adding more.

Dude, why are you so pissed off? Are you one of those guys who took concessions for growth and got nothing?

Latest resources

Back